Save Your Metal Bothers and Become a Rock God! Zerouno Games Announces Metal Tales: Overkill – Coming This April to PC and Consoles
Rock Music Inspired rogue-like 3D shooter set for digital and limited special boxed edition release
Madrid, Spain, 31st March, 2022. Global games developer and publisher Zerouno Games is thrilled to announce that following a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign, their rock music inspired rogue-like 3D Shooter Metal Tales: Overkill will launch on April 22nd digitally for PC via Steam, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 4 & 5.
Metal Tales: Overkill is the ultimate action-adventure game where Metal and Adrenaline collide to create the ultimate 3D rogue-like guitar-shooter. Fight through procedurally generated levels and battle against a terrible looming curse affecting your metal brothers. Do you have what it takes to free them from this ancient evil and secure your place as the ultimate Rock God?
As well as the digital versions there will be two special boxed Nintendo Switch editions of Metal Tales: Overkill available to fulfil your Rock God fantasies. The Deluxe Edition, published by Tesura Games, will include a full colour printed manual, a themed guitar pick and an awesome sticker sheet all in the box.
The special boxed Collector’s Edition, published by Zerouno Games, is the ultimate metalheads dream and packs in the sticker sheet, guitar pick and colour manual as well as a stunning 56 page artbook filled with some of the awesome artwork from the game and a magnetic bottle opener all delivered inside a specially created Collector’s Edition box. Available in Europe only, the boxed versions will have extremely limited numbers available at launch and more details on how to purchase these will be released soon.
About Metal Tales: Overkill
Metal Tales: Overkill is an action-adventure game where Metal and Adrenaline collide to deliver the ultimate rogue-like 3D guitar shooter. Fight against the looming curse affecting your Metal brothers and free them from an ancient evil.
The God Kuk is possessing all the guitar gods, and through them, the metalheads. Through infinite concerts, he is helping his legion of metalhead zombies wipe out every original creation of metal bands and their dedicated fans. As legions of metalheads are stripped from their passion, only one person can really grind through the challenge and come out victorious.
Choose your path carefully through the procedurally generated levels and battle the evil hordes looking to destroy you at every turn. As each playthrough will be different, grab your guitar, don your ripped jeans and dive right back into the intense action one more time.
- 50+ items – Charge up with new guitars, strings, pedals, amps, books, and summons.
- 15 different enemies – to beat to the beat.
- 8 Guitar Bosses – Go toe to toe in the ultimate Rock showdown!
- 4 playable characters – Are you more Metallica, Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath? Choose the character you identify with the most and Rock on!
- 3 intense environments: Exploring 3 different environments – the Metal Den, Metal Festival and the ultimate performance stage . . . Hell itself!
- 6 levels – Blast through 6 different levels with unstoppable Rock guitar energy.
- Procedurally generated levels – Experience randomly generated levels to play through. No play session will ever be the same.
- Local CO-OP – Jump in and jam it out with a friend.
- Mission system – Unlock new abilities and upgrade stats between runs.
- Original soundtrack and international Metal bands’ songs – Rock out to an awesome soundtrack. You’re sure to find a new hidden metal gem!
Metal Tales: Overkill will be available digitally for PC via Steam, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 4 & 5 on 22nd April, 2022. Fans can Wishlist the game on Steam now! More purchase details on the special boxed Deluxe and Collector’s Editions for Europe will be released soon.
For more information visit the official website here.