LOS ANGELES (Dec. 7, 2021) – SQUARE ENIX® is today launching FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Endwalker™, the new expansion for the critically acclaimed MMORPG and announcing a new registered player milestone of 25 million.
Endwalker brings the tale of Hydaelyn and Zodiark to its exciting conclusion, inviting the Warrior of Light to explore new areas such as Old Sharlayan and Thavnair, forge new paths through the Garlean Empire, and ascend to the heavens to set foot upon the moon, all in order to bring an end to a story years in the making.
Endwalker also marks the beginning of a new chapter in FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, as this fully realized expansion will set the stage for new adventures and a brand-new storyline which builds on the foundation established over the last eight years.
Endwalker also introduces a wealth of new gameplay features and content, including the following:
- New Jobs: Sage and Reaper – The Sage is a new healer job—the first added since Heavensward™—that utilizes aether-imbued nouliths to protect teammates in battle, fight off enemies and execute ranged magic abilities. The Reaper, a melee DPS armed with a two-handed scythe, not only unleashes brutal attacks with theatrical visuals but has the ability to summon an avatar from the void to aid them in combat.
- New Playable Race: Male Viera – Players who own Shadowbringers™ will be able to create male Viera characters upon the launch of Endwalker.
- Level Cap Increase – The level cap for jobs and classes will be raised from 80 to 90. Players will learn new actions as well as fight against new enemies to master their skills.
- New Expansive Areas – Warriors of Light will explore new areas, including Thavnair, Garlemald, Mare Lamentorum and more as they experience the tales that lie ahead.
- New Tribes – Players will encounter both the Arkasodara, Matanga who are indigenous to the isle of Thavnair, and the Loporrits—who appear to have much in common with the curious wanderer known as Namingway from Eorzean myth.
- New Content and System Upgrades – A new ally for the Trust system, new equipment, new crafting recipes, and much more.
Players can also look forward to a variety of additional content that has been announced for release in upcoming patches:
- New High-end Raid: Pandæmonium (Patch 6.01)
- New Residential District: Empyreum (Patch 6.1)
- New Small-Scale PvP Content (Patch 6.1)
- Island Sanctuary
- New Alliance Raid: Myths of the Realm
- Data Center Travel System
- Oceania Data Center (planned for February 2022)
The complete patch notes for Patch 6.0 can be found on the Lodestone: https://sqex.to/NnInL
Catch a glimpse of the epic story to come with FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker in the launch trailer: https://youtu.be/fwsnh5sgzA8
Additionally, the Endwalker main theme song is available for digital download and features vocals by Sam Carter from the chart-topping band Architects. You can watch the official music video for the 7-inch vinyl single here: https://youtu.be/FXYUjJrGMjA
To celebrate the launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker and players’ imminent journey amongst the stars, nine-time Grammy nominee Sia released a new rendition of the iconic song “Fly Me to the Moon” in collaboration with SQUARE ENIX. It can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/ez9S8PS2E3I
Players looking to get the most out of their in-game audio experience are invited to try Embody’s new “Immerse Gamepack FINAL FANTASY XIV Edition,” which offers a Personalized Spatial Audio experience in FINAL FANTASY XIV. Learn more and try out a 14-day free trial at: https://embody.co/pages/ffxiv.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker is available as a digital collector’s edition for the PlayStation®5 console, PlayStation®4 console, Windows, Steam®, and Mac for $59.99 and as a standard digital download for $39.99. Endwalker can be purchased from the Square Enix Store at: https://sqex.link/0ef9d
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
For more information on FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker, visit the official site at: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/.
Endwalker Promotional Site: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/
The Lodestone®: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/
Official Facebook®: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Official Twitter®: @FF_XIV_EN
Official Instagram®: @ffxiv
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 164 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
# # #
FINAL FANTASY XIV © 2010 – 2021 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: ENDWALKER © 2021 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
LOGO & IMAGE ILLUSTRATION: © 2021 YOSHITAKA AMANO
ENDWALKER, SHADOWBRINGERS, the FINAL FANTASY XIV logo, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, EORZEA, FINAL FANTASY, the FINAL FANTASY logo, THE LODESTONE, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. “PlayStation” and the “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks and “PS4” and “PS5” are trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.