Team17 and Unicube have today announced the sequel to the resource management survival game, Sheltered. Launching on Steam later this year, Sheltered 2 is set in a fractured post-apocalyptic world, where life is no longer what it once was. Boasting a new 3D art style, combat system, factions, and challenges for players to face in the desolate wasteland they call home, Sheltered 2 is a dark and punishing addition to the series.
Here’s the new trailer we scavenged from the wasteland:
Building upon the original 2015 game, Sheltered 2 brings deeper strategic gameplay to the post-apocalypse. Players will be tasked with creating a leader and building their own faction, all while managing resources, balancing survivor needs, and keeping their base safe from external threats; everything from starvation and dehydration to radiation and enemy raids can prove fatal.
Sheltered 2’s new factions system will be pivotal to a base’s success; players are able to send out expeditions to explore the vast and unforgiving wilderness, enabling them to forge relationships or ignite bitter rivalries that will be catastrophic if not navigated correctly. Players can also trade resources with other factions, allowing both bases to survive and thrive together; or they can go head-to-head with rivals in an expanded combat system, using force to grow their foothold in the wasteland.
Sheltered 2 Key Features:
- Factions: The factions system allows players to forge relationships with other groups to provide their base with resources and support, or they can grab their weapons and take things the old-fashioned way
- Resource Management: Players will balance the needs and wants of their survivors, manage scarce resources, craft items needed to maintain the shelter, and build equipment to keep their group alive
- Permadeath: New for Sheltered 2. The leader is the most important member of the shelter, so permadeath means that if they die, the game is over. Starvation, asphyxiation, extreme temperatures, and combat are just some of the challenges players will face in the harsh wasteland
- Combat & Weapons: When negotiations fail, players will wield a huge variety of makeshift weaponry against hostile outsiders, fighting to the death in turn-based combat to win the critical resources needed to survive
- Characters: Survivors have their own personalities, traits, desires, and skills to acquire, and the ability to customise each individually means every faction member is unique.
Dean Foster & Sonny Meek, Unicube, said:
“We’re excited to work with Team17 again for Sheltered 2; their support with the first game, and with the upcoming sequel, has been fantastic and we can’t wait for players to experience the bleak and challenging world we’ve created in Sheltered 2.”
Danny Hartshorne, Producer, Team17, said:
“Working with Unicube on Sheltered 2 allowed us to build upon the solid foundation of the first game and we’ve worked together to create a dark and gritty sequel, which we hope players will enjoy when it launches later this year.”
Founded in 2014 Unicube is an independent developer based in Shrewsbury, UK. Visit http://www.unicube.net for more info.
About Team17 Group plc
Founded in 1990, Team17 Group plc is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Floated on AIM in 2018, Team17, with its extensive portfolio of over 100 titles, embodies the spirit of independent games. In addition to the award-winning Overcooked!, Yoku’s Island Express, and the iconic Worms, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2020, Team17 has helped bring critically acclaimed titles including Hell Let Loose, Moving Out, Golf With Your Friends, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Blasphemous, and The Escapists to gamers everywhere. Visit www.team17.com for more info.