The heatwaves might be hitting our world, but in Metin2 – publisher Gameforge‘s legendary massively multiplayer online action role-playing-game – temperatures are dropping as winter returns in full force with the latest content update, Legend of the White Dragon – available starting today! With two new maps to explore, a new dungeon to plunder, and new items (like fancy gloves to keep that sword-hand warm), players are in for a frosty treat as they prepare to face off against the terrifying gargantuan Alastor, the Great White Dragon!
In the far northern wastelands of Yohara, legend tells of a mighty, winged beast that sleeps beneath the endless layers of ice, snow, and permafrost in the frozen and desolate Soul Gorge. Many moons ago, the great white dragon known as Alastor was a force of destruction that terrorized the lands and brought misery and woe to all who called the area home. However, Alastor hasn’t been seen in a while, and many thought him gone for good. Unfortunately, now that Sung Mahi’s evil energy has spread to the distant valley, the threat of Alastor’s rage has been reawakened, and only a courageous band of heroes can freeze this threat in his tracks and save the people of Yohara from an endless winter of death and doom!
Check out some of the new gameplay to come with Metin2: Legend of the White Dragon by watching the trailer below:
Metin2: Conquerors of Yohara – Legend of the White Dragon invites players to experience the full force of winter’s wrath with all sorts of new features:
- New Map – Northwind Canyon: A precarious mountain pass lined with imposing frozen pines, the icy remains of enormous beasts, and plenty of nooks, crannies, and hiding spots for angry mountain creatures, Northwind Canyon is as deadly as it is cold – but it’s also a great place to harvest crafting materials for shiny new weapons.
- New Map – Soul Gorge: In order to enter the ominous valley, brave warriors must cross a perilous and unstable bridge – only to be greeted on the other side by some less-than-friendly locals who are all too eager to welcome the return of the legendary ice dragon Alastor.
- New Dungeon – Northwind Dungeon: To battle the mighty dragon, one must head into the maze-like warren of glacial caverns known as Northwind. Battle through two levels to reap valuable rewards, but prepare for the challenge that waits on the other side…
- New Boss: According to local legend, buried deep in the snow and ice is a ferocious beast of epic proportions patiently waiting to return to the world of Yohara and rain down his hellish hailstorm of vengeance upon any brave enough to challenge him!
- New Items: New gloves available at level 120, lethal new ‘Serpent’ weapons, and if the mighty Alastor is slain, the Greater Northwind Dragon mount and Angry Mini Alastor pet are rewarded to triumphant warriors.
Developed by Webzen, Metin2 is a free-to-play title that takes place in the perilous world of the Dragon God, where exciting battles against dangerous creatures and legendary bosses await. Published by Gameforge in more than 16 languages with hundreds of thousands of players worldwide on the quest for adventure in the medieval, Asia-inspired setting, Metin2 has remained one of Europe’s most popular MMORPGs for over 16 years.
Metin2: Conquerors of Yohara – Legend of the White Dragon is available for free starting today via the official Gameforge site and Steam. Metin2 is coming to new shores and new platforms as the title is also available for GeForce Now!