The nineties are back in a big way – up on the big screen. Popular TV shows and movies from this decade – now nearly 20 years past – are spotlighted in a variety of theatrical presentations this fall. First, The Shawshank Redemption returns for its 25th anniversary, followed by Friends 25th: The One With The Anniversary featuring 12 episodes from the iconic television series, then the fan-favorite 90s duo return in Jay & Silent Bob Reboot, and finally a new documentary QT8: The First Eight chronicles the journey of Quentin Tarantino’s career from the 90s to today.
- The Shawshank Redemption: Sunday, September 22 at 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.; Tuesday, September 24 at 7:00 p.m.; and Wednesday, September 25 at 7:00 p.m. (all local times)
- “The Shawshank Redemption” began as only a moderate success at the box office, but went on to be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars®, and defied the odds to become one of the most indelible movies in film history. It’s also one that most moviegoers have never seen on the big screen. Since premiering in October 1994, it has been elevated as a modern day classic and has held the No. 1 ranking on IMDb’s user-generated Top 250 list for more than a decade.
- EXCLUSIVE CONTENT: pre- and post-show commentary from TCM Primetime Host Ben Mankiewicz
- Friends 25th: The One With The Anniversary: Monday, September 23; Saturday, September 28; and Wednesday, October 2 at 7:00 p.m. local time each day
- Fathom Events is celebrating the milestone 25th anniversary of the legendary comedy Friends by bringing 12 fan-favorite episodes to movie theaters across the U.S. over three nights. Each night will feature four unique episodes that have been newly remastered in 4K from the original 35mm camera negative.
- EXCLUSIVE CONTENT: Each screening will include exclusive interviews and never-before-seen content.
- Jay and Silent Bob Reboot: Tuesday, October 15 and Thursday, October 17 at 7:00 p.m. local time both dates
- The stoner icons, who first hit the screen 25 years ago in Clerks, are back in movie theaters with their long-awaited adventure, “Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.” The new film sees Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith return to the roles they created in 1994’s Clerks. This time around, the New Jersey duo discover that Hollywood is rebooting an old movie based on them and embark on another cross-country mission to stop it all over again.
- EXCLUSIVE CONTENT: On October 15 fans will enjoy a special pre-recorded video introduction from Mewes and Smith, plus.the first 50 people at each location will receive a limited-edition poster (while supplies last). Then on October 17, audiences will see a special double feature of Miramax’s “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back” and “Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.” Both evenings will also feature exclusive bonus content.
- QT8: The First Eight: Monday, October 21 at 7:00 p.m. local time
- Fathom Events is bringing a new documentary film chronicling the thrilling journey of Quentin Tarantino’s first eight movies to theaters nationwide for just one night on October 21. “QT8: The First Eight,” directed by Tara Wood (“21 Years: Richard Linklater”), gives its audience an inside look at the legendary filmmaker’s body of work through interviews with former cast members, film industry experts.