Immerse yourself in the game’s thematic music — available for free now on SoundCloud
Moscow, Russia – January 22, 2017 – Developer Aurum Dust is pleased to share today new artwork, music, and details about four of the main characters from Ash of Gods, the story-driven tactical RPG coming in March 2018. The greatest heroes often come from everyday places and backgrounds – and aren’t always the “Chosen Ones” of ancient lore. Sometimes, they are just “regular folk” who refuse to give in to the darkness, and take up arms to battle evil in all its forms.
Download the new character overview pack for more info on Thorn, the fearless warrior and survivor of countless battles; Gleda, daughter of Thorn, a blademaster and scholar; Blance, the mysterious empath; and Lo Pheng, the deadly mercenary from the island of Shadows.
Along with the new artwork and information, developer Aurum Dust has launched a SoundCloud channel for fans of thematic medieval fantasy music. Tune into their SoundCloud profile now, and immerse yourself in the world of Ash of Gods.
ASH OF GODS KEY FEATURES:
- “Roguelike” Storytelling: The dialogue choices you make, journey paths you choose, and battles you fight truly affect the story and the world around you.
- PvP and PvE Multiplayer Modes: Live through the story and top the global ratings with your characters in the multiplayer mode. Unlock new characters and cards and upgrade them to build your own unique strategy and tactics.
- Intelligent AI Functionality: that constantly learns from playing against you. No single tactic or formation will win against an AI that learns your playstyle!
- Meticulously Hand-Drawn Graphics: Visual stylings of the game are inspired by the work of Ralph Bakshi, old-school Disney cartoons and the Soviet animation studio “Soyuzmultfilm” of the 1960’s. Character animation in combat scenes are based on live actors’ motion capture.
- New Approach to Tactical Strategy: A mix of turn-based strategy and card RPG, where the cards determine your strategy and the characters’ classes determine your tactics on the battlefield
Ash of Gods is a turn-based RPG featuring constantly evolving storytelling with risks that truly affect gameplay, along with an extensive online PvP mode. The game features a story based on the complexity and ambiguity of moral choice where any of the characters in game can die. Momentary benefits may cost a character a life, while sacrifice will make the walkthrough of one of following episodes easier. Ash of Gods features a mix of gorgeous art, lush music, tactical combat, and a powerful story that plays out via dialogue driven layer interaction. Depending upon a player’s decisions, no two playthroughs of the game will be the same.
Along with a constantly evolving storyline, players will be treated to a fantastic visual and aural experience, featuring stunning hand-drawn characters and environments, coupled with music from Adam Skorupa, whose previous work includes The Witcher, Bulletstorm, Painkiller, and EVE Online. Ash of Gods was recently awarded ‘Best Game’ at the Game Gathering conference in Kiev, and previously was awarded ‘Best Game’ and ‘Best Art’ at White Nights Moscow 2017, as well as ‘Excellence in Music’ and ‘Excellence in Narrative’ at DevGamm Minsk 2017.
Developed and published by Aurum Dust, Ash of Gods is set to release in March 2018. For more information on Ash of Gods, please visit the official site ashofgods.com, ‘Like‘ the game on Facebook, and ‘Follow‘ them on Twitter.