New gameplay footage with developer commentary shown during Gamescom gives first look at the Japanese single player campaign that follows Toyotomi Hideyoshi
London, United Kingdom – September 1, 2020 — As shown during the Gamescom Studio show presented by IGN, Firefly Studios has given the world a first look at the Stronghold: Warlords Japanese single player campaign following Toyotomi Hideyoshi. This new developer commentary footage shows details on the new ‘Warlord System’ and gives a closer look at the Ninja and Warrior Monk units coming to the game when Stronghold: Warlords releases January 26, 2021.
Watch the Gamescom Gameplay Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfmFaG3ymE0
“We’re overjoyed to see how the community reacted to our recent delay announcement and I think the footage we showed during Gamescom really displays the level of polish we’re shooting for,” said Firefly Studios Marketing Director Nick Tannahill. “The digital special edition should really appeal to fans of the series, especially the making-of documentary. There are so many fantastic behind-the-scenes stories to be told and I can’t wait for the community to see it”
The team also reveals a digital Special Edition for Stronghold: Warlords will be made available for at launch. Priced at $49.99 USD / £39.99 / €44.99, the Stronghold: Warlords Special Edition contains Stronghold: Warlords, the game’s soundtrack, a digital artbook, and a feature-length Making of Stronghold: Warlords documentary with developer interviews and behind the scenes footage from the last three years of development. Special Edition owners also receive a copy of Stronghold HD on Steam.
Stronghold: Warlords Digital Special Edition Contents:
- Full copy of the original game on Steam
- Completely new full soundtrack
- Same Stronghold atmosphere and epic battle music, but with a completely new set of instruments and historical inspirations
- Created by fan-favourite series composer Robert Euvino, who has scored every Stronghold game to date
- Based on Japanese, Chinese, Cambodian, Mongolian and Vietnamese culture
- Taking influence from musicians like Yo-Yo Ma and master Shakuhachi players
- Cover a wide geographical area and hundreds of years of history
- Available in high quality original format
- Over thirty pages of original Stronghold artwork from the game’s artists
- Everything from 2D concepts and character models to in-game renders, environmental illustrations and more
- Includes key art created by polish artist Mariusz Kozik
- Insight into Firefly’s artistic process and the way art functions in an RTS
- Exclusive game art not available in any other format
Making of Documentary
- Feature length runtime of almost 90 minutes
- Covering 3 years of development
- Mix of behind the scenes footage and interviews with key Firefly staff
- Designers, coders, artists, composers, producers and marketers talk about their experience developing, revealing and releasing Stronghold: Warlords
- An honest look at modern indie game development at a small studio during a global pandemic
About Stronghold: Warlords
The latest ‘castle sim’ RTS from Firefly Studios, Stronghold: Warlords allows you to recruit, upgrade and command AI warlords across the battlefield. Each warlord under your command boosts your strategic prowess with their own unique perks, characteristics and upgradeable abilities. Use them to boost your industry, fortify defences or team up for a pincer attack! Each campaign mission, skirmish game and multiplayer battle means a fresh set of warlords to command and new strategic depth. Stronghold: Warlords is Firefly’s first game to recreate the castle economies of the Far East, allowing you to command Mongol hordes, imperial warriors and samurai clansmen as you lay siege to Japanese castles and fortified Chinese cities. Besiege historical warlords using new gunpowder-fuelled siege weapons and a completely new way to play Stronghold. For the latest news on Stronghold: Warlords visit www.strongholdwarlords.com.
About Firefly Studios
Firefly Studios is an independent PC games developer specializing in real-time strategy and MMO titles since 1999. Formed by Simon Bradbury and Eric Ouellette of Caesar and Lords of the Realm fame, the company has brought to market many high profile and commercially successful strategy games. These include the Stronghold series with lifetime sales of seven million and Stronghold Kingdoms, which currently has over seven million registered players. Firefly has offices in the UK and US with around 30 full and part-time staff. For more information visit their website at www.fireflyworlds.com or follow @fireflyworlds on Twitter.