This October, Fathom Events presents moviegoers with a lineup of spooky favorites in movie theaters nationwide: “Twilight,” to celebrate the film’s 10th anniversary; “NT Live: Frankenstein,“ performed by Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller alternating between the role of Frankenstein in a National Theatre production; George A. Romero’s horror classic, for the 50-year anniversary, “Night of the Living Dead,” and Hayao Miyazaki’s Academy Award-winning film “Spirited Away.”
Full details of Fathom’s Halloween-themed offerings follow:
- Twilight: Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. local time; Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. local time
- With its initial release, “Twilight” leaped off the pages of Meyer’s best-selling novel to become one of 2008’s biggest box-office hits. When Bella Swan and Edward Cullen first sat next to each other in biology class, an entire generation of moviegoers simultaneously swooned and the young-adult vampire romance based on the best-selling “Twilight” novel by Stephenie Meyer, became a worldwide cinematic phenomenon. This unforgettable experience will also treat fans to an introduction by director Catherine Hardwicke and an exclusive sneak peek of the brand-new special feature “Twilight Tour…10 Years Later”.
- NT Live: Frankenstein: Monday, October 22, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. local time;Monday, October 29, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. local time
- A stage production of “Frankenstein” returns to U.S. cinemas this Halloween, to mark the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelley’s most famous novel. Captured live in 2011 from the National Theatre stage in London, this thrilling, sold-out production became an international sensation, experienced by almost half a million people in cinemas around the world. Directed by Academy Award®-winner Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, Slumdog Millionaire), “Frankenstein” features Benedict Cumberbatch (Hamlet, BBC’s “Sherlock”) and Jonny Lee Miller (“Elementary,” Trainspotting) alternating between the roles of Victor Frankenstein and his creation.
- Night of the Living Dead: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. local time;Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 10:00 p.m. local time
- This Halloween, Fathom will be presenting two special screenings of the renowned Museum of Modern Art’s version of the motion picture “Night of the Living Dead“ (1968). In addition to the film, Fathom will be showing a custom intro from George C. Romero and Andrew Romero, along with interviews from other talent, such as Producer Russell W Streiner, actress Judith O’Dea, and writer John Russo.
- Spirited Away: Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 12:55 p.m. local time (English-language dubbed); Monday, October 29, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. local time (English-language subtitled); Wednesday, October 30, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. local time(English-language dubbed)
- Hayao Miyazaki’s wondrous fantasy adventure is a dazzling masterpiece from one of the most celebrated filmmakers in the history of animation. Overflowing with imaginative creatures and thrilling storytelling, “Spirited Away” became a worldwide smash hit, and is one the most critically acclaimed films of all time.