Summer has arrived and it’s never been a better time to sail the seas of high adventure in ATLAS! The new Customization Update adds a number of features including the ability to swap midship tiles to modify each ship and the Advanced Shipyard, where three ships are now buildable: the Ramming Galleon, Majestic Kraken, and the brand new Mortarship! New blueprints, revised Home Region Map, and numerous bug fixes have also been implemented with this update.
Need more incentive to start your voyage? Starting today, ATLAS is part of the Steam Summer Sale at 50% off from now until July 8!
With front and rear mortar cannons that can rain death from a distance, the Mortarship is especially designed to deliver devastating siege firepower on land targets and buildings. Use these weapons wisely, as its low firing speed and slow mobility make them ineffective for ship-to-ship encounters; proper planning to protect these sailing cannons is essential, else you may find your hopes for victory – and your Mortarship – at the bottom of the sea.
Additional features in the Customization Update include:
- Advanced Shipyard: The new ship-building facility is found in the Smithy after learning the Expert Shipwright skill.
- The Ramming Gallery, Majestic Kraken, and new Mortarship can be built with this shipyard.
- Midship Tiles Customization: Swap out midship tiles to upgrade each of your ships for different functions – plunder and pirate in the way you need!
- New Blueprints Added: All swappable railing and midship tiles have findable blueprint variations. Also, the farm now has findable blueprint variations.
- New Buff Icons: Atlantean Spire, Industrial Generator, and Army of the Damned Pylon effect indicators have been created when players are on boats that have a buff affecting them (icons are shown in the top right under the ships’ health).
- New Home Region Map: Revised look to the map.
Additional bug fixes for PC and Xbox One Pathfinders are listed in ye patch notes HERE: playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/topic/120617-patch-52608-customization-update
ATLAS pirates will stake their claim in this vast open world while endeavoring to construct custom ships, search for buried treasure, siege and conquer fortresses, plunder traveling merchants, then recruit a crew to join their powerful Armada and engage in the ultimate quest for fortune and glory! ATLAS has full cross-platform support, allowing Xbox and Steam PC players to battle together in the same gigantic world.
For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS, keep yer one good eye trained on this here information:
- Hoist ye sails to our Homepage: www.playatlas.com/
- Natter n’ chatter on Discord: discord.gg/playatlas
- Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: twitter.com/sailtheatlas
- Navigate ye olde Subreddit: www.reddit.com/r/playatlas
- Watch us scallywags on Twitch: twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
- Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: www.facebook.com/playatlasgame