SAN DIEGO, CA – FEBRUARY 9, 2022 – At home and on the go, in the ring and out of control, silky smooth rasslin’ madness has finally arrived! VICO Game Studio, in partnership with Reverb Triple XP, announced today that Action Arcade Wrestling is now available on Nintendo Switch. Chuck around a Joy-Con and choose from over 30 brawlers to settle epic grudge matches across 25 playable game modes with up to ten players in the ring. Nab a power-up and light up the arena with flames, energy beams, lightning, lasers, and sprinkles in a sexy 60FPS docked or handheld.
- Watch the Action Arcade Wrestling Nintendo Switch launch trailer HERE: youtube.com/watch?v=4KTIOc3gIY8
“From the very beginning, our two-person team set out to create the ultimate tribute to the ’90s arcade wrestling games we fell in love with,” says David Horn, Producer at VICO Game Studio. “We’re really proud to launch Action Arcade Wrestling on Nintendo Switch today. In my mind, what we were able to achieve on the console is nothing short of a triumph. We plan to unleash more excitement on all platforms throughout the year, including federation titles and Arcade Gauntlets, and look forward to where our indie game development journey will take us next.”
“I’m extremely happy we were able to achieve such great performance on Nintendo Switch for Action Arcade Wrestling,” says Eugene Tchoukhrov, Lead Programmer at VICO Game Studio. “With its fast arcade gameplay, it was definitely a goal to get the game running at a high frame rate. I know Switch gamers will love how fun and fast Action Arcade Wrestling will look running at 60FPS.”
Action Arcade Wrestling Game Features:
- Retro Gameplay Action Satisfaction – Intuitive 2-button controls allows players of all ages and skill levels to easily jump into the arcade wrestling mayhem.
- Animated Madness – Over 700 hand-crafted animations to perfectly capture the movement and antics that make AAW unique to the wrestling world, all displayed at a rocking 60FPS frame rate on Switch.
- A Match for Every Style – Over 25 playable game modes are planned including One vs. One, Tag Team, Three-way match, Four-way match, 4-10 Person Elimination matches, Tornado Tag, Battle Royal, and more!
- Roster of Extraordinary Wrestlers – Choose from 30+ unique, superhero-like wrestlers that you won’t find anywhere else. And if you need more wrestlers, go to the Creations menu and choose from hundreds of user-generated wrestlers and arenas to download and play in the game!
- Old School Flair – 3D cel-shaded visuals bring a vibrant throwback arcade look that captures the outrageous and colorful past of wrestling games.
- Creative Creations – Need more wrestlers to choose from? Go to the Creations menu and choose from hundreds of user-generated wrestlers and arenas to download and play in the game! Whether it’s your favorite superhero, most feared monster, or a shopping cart, you can find it all in the creations generated by our free companion app, the Wrestle Lab, available on Windows-based PC. The Wrestle Lab puts more creative power in the hands of players with loads of wrestler and arena options available including body morphing, texture uploads, UV mapping, move set assignments and much more!
Superkick and suplex in 5-on-5 tag team, Elimination matches, Battle Royale, and more. Facebreak, piledrive, and clothesline the competition, then head to the extensive Wrestle Lab to create the world’s next wrestling superstar or one of your friends! With no disqualifications, no holds barred, and no boundaries, Action Arcade Wrestling on Nintendo Switch delivers ’90s arcade wrestling insanity to old school fans, newcomers, and everyone in between.
Action Arcade Wrestling is now available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. Stay up to date on Action Arcade Wrestling by following the game on Twitter, ‘liking‘ it on Facebook, and visiting its official website at ActionArcadeWrestling.com.
ABOUT VICO GAME STUDIO LLC
Action Arcade Wrestling was created by the joint partnership between lead programmer and producer Eugene Tchoukhrov, founder of VICO Game Studio LLC, and executive producer David Horn, independent developer. The duo have devoted much of their spare time from their full-time jobs to the producthttp://www.actionarcadewrestling.com/ion and launch of Action Arcade Wrestling.