Patch 4.2 Trailer Provides Action-Packed Preview of Dungeons, Raids, and More
Adventurers will also be able to test their might against the next fearsome arc in the Omega raid series, explore two new dungeons, and face off against the first of the legendary Four Lords in a challenging new trial.
Details on the contents of the patch are revealed below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – Thanks to the Warrior of Light’s heroic deeds and Raubahn’s long-awaited return, Ala Mhigo continues its steady march towards recovery. All is not well in the East however, with worrying rumors coming out of Doma.
- New Raid Dungeon – The next arc in the Omega raid series, Omega: Sigmascape, arrives to test the Warrior of Light’s skills even further. With familiar faces from FINAL FANTASY V appearing previously, today’s trailer shows the Sigmascape populated with features very reminiscent of FINAL FANTASY VI.
- New High-level Trial – Meet one of The Four Lords, Byakko, in this challenging new trial that begins a new series of side quests.
- New Dungeons – Two new high-level dungeons: Hells’ Lid and The Fractal Continuum (Hard).
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Vira, one of the tribes of the snake-like Ananta, have long supported the efforts of the Resistance by sending warriors to bolster their ranks. Now, they turn to the Warrior of Light for help.
- Glamour Dressers – Convert equipment, weapons, and tools into glamours at inns and combine them into a complete ensemble for convenient customization of player outfits.
- The Feast PvP Updates – Alongside a new ruleset and the addition of The Crystal Tower Training Grounds map, the new PvP Team System will allow groups of up to six players to compete in ranked matches while communicating using a special group chat function.
- A New Duty Recorder Feature – Analyze raid encounters from multiple viewpoints to improve tactics or relive your greatest battles with this new video playback feature.
- Housing Updates – New wards and subdivisions will be added to each of the four residential areas.
- Updates to bard’s performance actions, additional inventory through the use of a new companion storage feature, new equipment and more.
Further details on the above updates can be found on the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Forums: http://sqex.to/GZn
More information on the contents of Patch 4.2 can be found here: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_2
The official trailer for Patch 4.2, Rise of a New Sun, is available here: https://youtu.be/_1tABKPBlJs
SQUARE ENIX® recently announced the dates and locations for the 2018-19 FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festivals. North America will kick off the tour on November 16-17, 2018 in Las Vegas, followed by the European Fan Festival in Paris in early 2019, and ending with the Tokyo Fan Festival in March 2019. More details about the events, including a teaser trailer, are available at the official Fan Festival website: https://fanfest.finalfantasyxiv.com
The FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial allows new players to easily join the millions of adventurers in the realm of Eorzea™. The free trial allows anyone to access all available content up to level 35 (including the new Rival Wings PvP), create up to eight playable characters, and experience the different playable races, classes, and jobs with no restrictions on playtime. New players who wish to experience the free trial may register here: http://freetrial.finalfantasyxiv.com/.
All editions of FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, including the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood expansion, may be purchased through the Square Enix Online Store here: http://sqex.to/FFXIVStore