15th June 2021– Team17 has today announced that Worms Rumble, the first real-time action instalment in the beloved, multi-award-winning Worms series, is launching on Nintendo Switch from 23rd June. The release of the game, which first launched in November last year, will coincide with the availability of a brand-new and free arena: Spaceport Showdown.
Enjoy ‘orbit’ of the new space-age Worms Rumble trailer:
Set far above the stratosphere, the Spaceport Showdown features a new, randomly generated, low-gravity mechanic that slows the action down during battle and joins the existing available maps: Deadly Dockyard, Battlegrounds Bank, Missile Mall, Portal Park, and Transforming Towers. New 1extra-terrestrial premium skins, banners, and emotes will help acclimatise the weapon-toting annelids to their new surroundings. A free exclusive outfit for Nintendo Switch players, the Patchwork Bear outfit, will be available.
Worms Rumble key features:
- Fast-paced, arena action: Open fire in six varied arenas in up-to-32-player, real-time combat across five solo and team-based game modes, including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and the battle royale mode, Last Worm Standing
- Take aim across the platforms: Take on friends, frenemies, and unfamiliars whatever the platform, with cross-play matchmaking
- Make your Worm its own: Choose and unlock over 1,000 options to full customise your worm, from outfits and hats, to eye colour and teeth shape; further personalise the weapons they wield with additional skins to unlock
- Lock and load your arsenal: Crates across the arenas contain a host of weapons and items, including fan favourites like the Sheep Launcher, Holy Hand Grenade, and Grapple Gun.
- Weekly Lab events: The time-limited event Lab mode provides preset maps, weapons, and gameplay mechanics for players to master and unlock new skins
A pre-order discount of 25% is available on digital edition purchases Nintendo Switch, with a physical release2 scheduled to arrive on 13th July.
Notes to Editor
1The Spaceworm and Alien downloadable content pack includes three spaceworm outfits (Voyager, Apollo, and Pioneer) and three alien outfits (Grey Alien, Green Alien, and Pink Alien), the Invasion and Rocket Banners, and two Emotes (Salute and Come In Peace) for $4.99/£3.99/€4.99.
2The Nintendo Switch physical edition will feature the case and a downloadable game code.
About Team17 Group plc
Founded in 1990, Team17 Group plc is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Floated on AIM in 2018, Team17, with its extensive portfolio of over 100 titles, embodies the spirit of independent games. In addition to the award-winning Overcooked!, Yoku’s Island Express, and the iconic Worms, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2020, Team17 has helped bring critically acclaimed titles including Hell Let Loose, Moving Out, Golf With Your Friends, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Blasphemous, and The Escapists to gamers everywhere. Visit www.team17.com for more info.
Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.