Join the EGX panel “Vampires, Wraiths and Werewolves – the next generation of World of Darkness indie videogames” for developer discussion & game giveaway
7 September 2020 — On Tuesday, 15 September, join the PAX EGX panel with three indie developers working on different video games set in the World of Darkness universe (Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Vampire: The Masquerade, Wraith: The Oblivion). During the discussion, the viewers will have a chance to get free game keys from each of the developers.
The World of Darkness panel starts on Tuesday, September 15th, at 8 AM PDT/ 11 AM EDT 4:00 PM BST, on twitch.tv/egx. The event’s official hashtag is #WoDpanel
The three games currently in the making are Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York, Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Heart of the Forest, and Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife. They share the setting of the now legendary tabletop RPG universe World of Darkness. Each game takes a different approach at adapting the pen-and-paper originals.
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Heart of the Forest, the first-ever video game adaptation of the system, is an enhanced visual novel inspired by the role-playing tabletop experience. The player becomes Maia, a young woman who uncovers the secrets of her ancestry in the Bialowieza Forest, a real ancient wilderness in Poland. The developers place focus on the mechanics of Rage. Controlling this resource lets the player change the perspective on the world and see aspects invisible in other playthroughs.
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York is a visual novel and a stand-alone expansion to the previous Vampire title, Coteries of New York. While Coteries was a general introduction to the world depicted in the 5th Edition of the hit tabletop role-playing game, Shadows presents a more personal and unique tale.
- Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife, also the first-ever digital adaptation of the original, is a first-person VR horror exploration game where the player, as one of the restless dead, has supernatural powers at their disposal. Afterlife plays against a backdrop of modern Hollywood decadence and occult research. The gameplay requires stealth and use of objects to hunt for clues in the world around you.
During the panel, the organizers will do a giveaway of each developer’s previous games.
About Walkabout Games
The publisher behind Liberated and Wanderlust: Travel Stories, Walkabout Games is a Polish publisher and developer of aspiring independent game studios.
It supports ambitious projects full of new, exciting, and risky ideas that evoke the kind of amazement that we all love video games for.
- Website: walkabout.games
- Facebook: facebook.com/WalkaboutGames/
- Twitter: twitter.com/Walkabout_Games
About World of Darkness
World of Darkness is a transmedia entertainment brand encompassing a number of modern fantasy horror franchises, including Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, and more. Through tabletop roleplaying games, video games, board games, literature, comic books, and more, these franchises tell mature stories in a dark supernatural fantasy layered over our modern world. Since 1991, World of Darkness has defined monster-perspective entertainment for a generation of fans. For more information visit www.worldofdarkness.com