A Proper Roguelike for the Modern Player with Endless Replayability, Character Depth, and Enjoyable Challenge
Wiesbaden, Germany (December 8, 2020) – Publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer Team ADOM announced today rogue-like dungeon crawler Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos, headed to Steam Early Access on February 11, 2021, for Windows PC, Mac, and Linux. Ultimate ADOM is a traditionally-inspired reimagining of the beloved genre and features endless procedurally generated dungeons, monsters, and crafting options, allowing for ultimate replayability.
Evil has been vanquished. Peace has returned to Ancardia, and the peasants dare to dream once more of prosperity. Seven very different factions vie for control over the cataclysmic aftermath left behind by Andor Drakon’s defeat. And somewhere, deep down in an inhospitable cave, chaos is stirring again. Pick up your blade, prepare your spells, check your daggers and ready your bow, for you are about to enter the ominous Caverns of Chaos. Choose your allegiance carefully, for you are nothing more than an expendable asset to the masters you choose.
Fight for a mercenary’s glory and a hefty coin purse, for the justice of a community in decline, for the light of purity, or even for chaos itself. Every choice you make will determine how you approach the ever-changing Caverns of Chaos laid out before you.
“To be the person who originated a game with an active and dedicated community since 1994 makes me unbelievably proud,” said Thomas Biskup, Creator of ADOM. “After 25 years, we’re continuing the story of ADOM and bringing that experience into the modern realm. Ultimate ADOM: Caverns of Chaos offers plenty of depth for seasoned vets of the genre but with all the tweaks, options, and quality of life adjustments that ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for the contemporary player.”
Watch the Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos announcement trailer:
Key Features of Ultimate ADOM Include:
- Depth for Days — Choose from a huge selection of classes, genders, races, and allegiances to mix and match the perfect build for your playstyle
- A Proper Roguelike — Procedurally generated levels, monsters, and items ensure no playthrough is the same
- More Spells Than a Hogwarts Textbook — With multiple specialized schools of magic and more than 100 spells to choose from, dungeon-diving wizards have plenty at their disposal to get them through the darkness
- That’s a Nice Arm You’ve Got There… Take the severed limbs of your enemies and graft them to your own body, after all, more hands = more weapons to hold
- A Jack of All Trades — With more than 80 skill trees, aspiring dungeon delvers have plenty of choices when it comes to crafting the ultimate warrior, and then there are the dozens of secret skills waiting to be discovered!
- Go Modern or Keep it Classic — Modern graphics or traditional ASCII, the choice is yours! Players can also toggle between 3D mode and top-down view
To learn more about Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos and add the game to your wishlist, visit the official Steam store page here. Ultimate ADOM will launch on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam on February 11, 2021. For more on the game and the development progress, visit the official site at https://www.ultimate-adom.com.
About Assemble Entertainment
Based in Wiesbaden, Germany, Assemble Entertainment is an independent games developer and publisher, best known for Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry, the latest installment in the humorously naughty point-and-click adventure saga, and the multi-award-winning Endzone – A World Apart, that challenges players to survive and thrive following an environmental apocalypse. Assemble Entertainment also organizes GermanDevDays, an annual conference that attracts more than 1,100 attendees from across the German-speaking video game development industry.