Enhanced and Updated for Modern PCs, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 Bring the Battling Beauty Back
DENVER, COLORADO (November 20, 2020) — Today, publisher of retro-and-modern games Ziggurat Interactive is releasing enhanced versions of the classic third-person action-RPGs, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2. These “Terminal Cut” editions feature enhancements such as 4k gameplay, upscaled cinematics, better lighting, 4x anti-aliasing, and more. BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut are available for $14.99 USD, at a substantial discount during launch week, and are free for current owners of the original games on Steam and GOG.com.
“We were blown away by the fan response to the new Terminal Editions. Even after all these years, the BloodRayne community is still an incredibly vibrant group of fans, and we’re going to do everything we can to make them proud. Thank you,” said Wade Rosen, President of Ziggurat Interactive.
Both Terminal Cut editions feature:
- Goodbye Jaggies: Thanks to improved rendering, these versions of BloodRayne run with up to 4x anti-aliasing
- Modern Resolution: The enhanced editions of BloodRayne support display resolutions up to 4K / 3840×2160
- Improved Environmental Effects: Enjoy more immersive environments thanks to improved effects like reflections, water, fog, and shadows
- Use Your Elite Controller: Modern controllers are now supported, thanks to the addition of XInput controller support
- New Language Support: Accessibility is important, and actually understanding the dialogue in a game does wonders for immersion. New localizations include:
- BloodRayne: Terminal Cut: Fully voiced with localized interfaces in English, French, Italian, Spanish, and Russian
- BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut: Fully voiced in English and Russian, plus localized interface and subtitles for French, German, Italian, and Spanish
- …and Much More: Upscaled cinematic videos, lighting improvements, support for uncompressed original textures, and Windows 10 optimization ensure that these are the absolute best versions of both titles
Originally released in 2002, BloodRayne follows the red-headed half-vampire, Rayne, as she travels around the world hunting Nazis. Players wield a variety of vampiric powers — and the infamous Twin Arm Blades — in thrilling, third-person combat. The sequel, BloodRayne 2, found the hungry heroine hunting down a vampiric cult set on world domination, using an expanded arsenal of weapons and abilities. The games spawned a theatrical film and a comic book series detailing Rayne’s life and exploits.
Ziggurat Interactive has over 40 retro classic games in development, with new games releasing every month. Keep up to date on the latest news from Ziggurat on Facebook, Twitter, and the company’s official website.
About Ziggurat Interactive
Ziggurat Interactive was launched in late 2019 with the goal of preserving and expanding the legacy of video games. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Ziggurat creates and celebrates games — expanding the audience for both retro and new titles by making them accessible to players of all types while bringing classic licenses and new IPs to market through a variety of distribution channels across multiple platforms.