THE BATTLE OF POLYTOPIA: MOONRISE
The award-winning turn-based strategy game out today on PC, Mac and Linux
STOCKHOLM, Sweden – 4th August 2020 – Indie developer and creators of wonderfully strange lands and unusual characters, Midjiwan AB, are happy to say that their award-winning, visually unique turn-based strategy game The Battle of Polytopia: Moonrise, is out today on PC, Mac OSX and Linux.
Picture the scene; the Square – a bizarre, flat square-shaped planet sitting in an alternate dimension to ours and home to the Polytopians, the indigenous people comprised of 15 individual tribes whose only shared attribute is their love of fighting. Players will become the leader of one of these tribes as they attempt to build civilizations and forge reputations in competition with the other tribes.
Will they take on the role of the Imperius, highly regimented, bureaucratic artisans known for their winemaking prowess? Perhaps the Oumaji, a desert dwelling nomadic tribe with a reputation for lightning fast raids on their enemies as well as top-notch animal husbandry skills? Or maybe the business driven, materially wealthy Luxidoor whose tea ceremonies are legendary!
Featuring deceptively deep 4X gameplay across both single player and online multiplayer, The Battle of Polytopia: Moonrise also has auto-generated maps, configurable map types of different sizes, as well as three game modes to ensure that every playthrough will feel completely fresh and new.
The Battle of Polytopia: Moonrise is available on Steam at https://steam.midjiwan.com
- Single player and online multiplayer for up to 12 players including matchmaking
- 4X gameplay (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit and eXterminate)
- Play as one of 12 tribes, each with their own unique nature, culture and attributes
- Exploration, warfare, farming, building and technology research provide a richly rewarding and varied gameplay experience
- Auto-generated maps ensure each game is a totally new experience
- Online leaderboards featuring the top scores for the best civilization builders
- Five map types – tiny, normal, large, huge and massive!
- Configurable map types – Dryland, Lake, Continents, Archipelago and Water World
- Three game modes – Perfection, Domination and Creative
For more on the game visit the official website at https://polytopia.io
About Midjiwan AB
Midjiwan is a game developer studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, best known as the creators of the Battle of Polytopia, currently working on several new games, music releases, a board game, and lots more – all within the Polytopia franchise. Website http://www.midjiwan.com