DUNGEONS & DRAGONS SRD 5.1 CONTENT AND RULES COMING TO TACTICAL RPG SOLASTA: CROWN OF THE MAGISTER
With a Free Demo and Over 95% Funding on Kickstarter, Tactical Adventures will use SRD 5.1 Content and Rules
PARIS, FRANCE – SEPTEMBER 24, 2019 – French independent developer, Tactical Adventures, announced today that Wizards of the Coast has granted them a license to use the Dungeons & Dragons SRD 5.1 content and rules in their upcoming tactical role-playing video game Solasta: Crown of the Magister. Tactical Adventures released a completely free, one-hour pre-alpha demo of Solasta: Crown of the Magister on Steam earlier this month. In addition to the free demo a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter has seen the support from over 4,300 backers, and more than $190,000 pledged out of the $200,000 goal with nine days left in the campaign.
Critical Role, the smash hit show featuring popular voice actors playing Dungeons & Dragons, recently featured a gameplay session of Solasta: Crown of the Magister’s free demo. Check out the video HERE: www.youtube.com/watch?v=49haijyLyB0
“We are absolutely thrilled at the response Solasta has been receiving. On top of it, garnering the license from Wizards of the Coast is a big step forward for the game,” said Mathieu Girard, founder of Tactical Adventures and Creative Director of the game. “We are excited to fully embrace the SRD5 rules, and the license opens up many more creative opportunities to build Solasta as our fans expect.”
The dynamic and mysterious world of Solasta features elements of verticality, allowing players to use their surroundings as an element of strategy. Players can position ranged characters on high vantage points or send their thief down into shafts and caverns to scope out what’s ahead. In Solasta, light is a tool to explore the depths and hollows of dungeons or can be used as a weapon against the creatures of the dark, but if not careful, it can also give away the party’s position. Solasta is a unique team-based adventure where each character plays a critical role in the campaign and can be a hero. Players must take advantage of each character’s strengths and weaknesses if they are to succeed.
Solasta: Crown of the Magister Features:
- Verticality: Solasta is a three-dimensional world, rather than a series of flat maps. Locations can be explored by climbing walls, flying, teleporting, crawling through tunnels, finding secret passages, or falling through unstable ground, allowing the player to use the environment to take on encounters in multiple different ways.
- Team Based Adventure: Players will have many options to choose races, classes, backgrounds, and can even roll for stats as they create their party. All members are essential – together you will adventure through Solasta as a group, where you must work together in pursuit of your quest.
- Tactical CRPG: Each encounter can be handled in multiple ways. Will you use the high ground to strike your enemies from above as a Darkweaver Rogue, or shove your enemies into deep chasms as a Mountaineer Fighter? Your choices alone will determine the destiny of your party.
- Light: Light will not only help to see your surroundings as you explore deep underground or in a dungeon. It can also be used as a weapon against the light-fearing creatures you will encounter along your journey. Careful, though – light can also give away your position.
- Created by Tabletop Players: Tactical Adventures is a team of highly experienced Tabletop players and veteran game developers who are passionate about the genre, striving to create the best Tactical RPG videogame
- Kickstarter: Tactical Adventures is giving players the opportunity to be heard by joining the community and backing Solasta on Kickstarter. The campaign features an amazing tiered reward system and a free hour pre-alpha demo available to everyone.
Solasta: Crown of the Magister is now available to back on Kickstarter with a free demo available to play on Steam. Media interested in learning more about Tactical Adventures and Solasta: Crown of the Magister should email Danitra Alomia ([email protected]).
Stay up to date with Solasta: Crown of the Magister: visit the website and Steam, follow on Twitter, Instagram, like on Facebook, watch on YouTube, and Twitch, and join the conversation on Discord or the official forums.
ABOUT TACTICAL ADVENTURES:
Tactical Adventures is a videogame development studio, created in 2018 by Mathieu Girard, who previously co-founded Amplitude Studios (acquired by Sega in 2016). Located in the heart of Paris, Tactical Adventures is a self-published studio, aiming to create immersive & tactical videogames within the RPG genre. One of the key strengths of the studio’s philosophy revolves around the recruitment of experienced team members, organized into agile teams, whose development process & decisions will be made in collaboration with their community. Tactical Adventures is not affiliated with Wizards of the Coast LLC. Dungeons & Dragons and SRD 5.1 are property of Wizards of the Coast.
ABOUT WIZARDS OF THE COAST
Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. Wizards’ players and fans are members of a global community bound together by their love of both digital gaming and in person play. The company brings to market a range of gaming experiences under powerful brand names such as MAGIC: THE GATHERING, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, and AVALON HILL. Wizards is also a publisher of fantasy series fiction with numerous New York Times bestsellers. For more information about its world-renowned brands, visit the Wizards of the Coast Web site at www.wizards.com.