Stylish Open World Murder Mystery, Paradise Killer, Reveals Slick 80’s Inspired New Key Art and Announcement Trailer
A dark secret lurks beneath the surface of this shining island paradise — murder most foul — and Lady Love Dies is on the hunt for the culprit
Melbourne, Australia – Apr. 23rd, 2020 — Publisher, Fellow Traveller, and indie developer, Kaizen Game Works, team up to bring Paradise Killer to both Windows PC and Mac OSX later on this summer. A stylish combination of 2D and 3D visuals, an open-world full of colorful characters, and a murder mystery just waiting to be solved!
Paradise Killer will be one of the headline titles from Fellow Traveller during LudoNarraCon 2020 running from April 24 – 27 on Steam. It’s not too late to sign up to take part in this digital festival celebrating over 40 games alongside many interesting panels and demos.
An island outside of reality. A rogue human civilization hoping to resurrect dead alien gods. A murder behind locked doors.
Paradise is an island that regenerates every few millennia. The psychic power that the alien worshippers within release into the universe is meant to feed and eventually resurrect their fallen deities. But this force also attracts undesired interest from demons, who eventually corrupt each island — until a new alternate reality is birthed by the Council.
The system isn’t perfect, but it will be one day — on Perfect 25, the next island-to-be. But on the eve of rebirth, the Council is murdered and Paradise is killed.
In the aftermath, the “investigation freak” Lady Love Dies is summoned from exile to find the culprit. This is the crime to end all crimes.
What are the facts? What are the truths? Are they the same?
- Breathe life back into Paradise – You are tasked with finding the killer and building an airtight case against them. Take your case to trial and argue your interpretation of the evidence. Only when someone is successfully convicted can the crime be considered solved and Paradise be saved.
- What are the facts? What are the truths? Are they the same? – The “truth” is that there are many possible killers, and many ways to build a case. Even if you make a convincing case for prosecution and get someone convicted, is the mystery really solved?
- Explore an island full of secrets – Paradise is an island set in an alternate future history filled with cryptic lore and even more mysteries. Examine bizarre relics to learn more about this world’s surreal history.
- Find YOUR Paradise – You choose who to accuse, and build a case to support a conviction. Everyone on Paradise has a secret to hide and something to gain. Old friends become new suspects, forcing you to choose between the evidence, the greater good and your own beliefs. There are many possible murderers, but who you pick will define your own personal truth.
- Gather evidence – Let your personal computer and electronic assistant Starlight be your guide through another dance of an investigation. Collect evidence, record testimony and interpret the facts to form your own truth.
- Unlock hidden areas – Solve hieroglyph puzzles on ancient nightmare computers to discover new areas of the island, find concealed evidence and reveal terrifying secrets.
Paradise Killer comes to Windows PC and Mac OSX in Summer 2020
- Wishlist on Steam – https://store.steampowered.com/app/1160220/Paradise_Killer/
About Fellow Traveller
Fellow Traveller is an indie games label exploring the possibility space of what games can be. Passionate about the vast and untapped potential of games as a story-telling medium, its mission is to seek out pioneering game developers working on unusual games with narrative at their core, help these developers bring their creations to the world and to connect them with players looking for something different.
Formerly known as Surprise Attack Games, the label was founded in 2011 and rebranded as Fellow Traveller in 2018. You may know them for the hacking game using real Unix commands (Hacknet), the surveillance thriller series that puts you in the shoes of Big Brother (Orwell), or the quiet rumination on life and loss (The Stillness of the Wind).
Fellow Traveller’s sister company, The Treasure Hunters Fanclub, brings together a group of experienced members of the games industry (the fans), scouting for interesting projects from independent developers (the treasure hunters) and puts together a deal that includes indie-friendly funding from its members and a publishing deal with Fellow Traveller. Money, marketing and mentorship in support of independent creative vision.
About Kaizen Game Works
Kaizen Game Works is a UK based independent game studio formed in 2018 by two games industry veterans. We formed a company to make the games we want to play and develop them the way we want to develop them.
Paradise Killer on the Web