Prop Store – one of the world’s leading film and TV memorabilia companies – has today announced results from its
December 2021 live cinema poster online auction, with posters and artwork on offer fetching more than £384,968 ($508,158). Prop Store’s first two-day Cinema Poster Live Auction took place on Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th December 2021 and was suitable for fans with a variety of budgets, with lots selling between £50 and £42,500.
Other notable sales included (sale prices are inclusive of buyer’s premium):
- Japanese B0, 1980 from APOCALYPSE NOW (1979) sold for £2,250 ($2,970)
- UK Quad, 1968 from BARBARELLA (1968) sold for £1,500 ($1,980)
- UK Quad, 1960 from THE BRIDES OF DRACULA (1960) sold for £6,250 ($8,250)
- Bryan Fuller Collection: US One-Sheet, 1977 from STAR WARS: EP IV – A NEW HOPE (1977) sold for £4,062 ($5,362)
- US Half Sheet, 1951 from THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL (1951) sold for £3,125 ($4,125)
- Original Video Cover Artwork, 1982 from EVIL DEAD (1981) sold for £2,000 ($2,640)
- UK Quad, 1968 from GIRL ON A MOTORCYCLE (1968) sold for £3,437 ($4,537)
- Howard Kazanjian Collection: US One-Sheet – Happy Birthday Style, 1978 from STAR WARS: EP IV – A NEW HOPE (1977) sold for £5,000 ($6,600)
- US Insert Poster Display Autographed by Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Peter Lawford and Others, 1960 from OCEAN’S ELEVEN (1960) sold for £1,875 ($2,475)
- Hand-Numbered, Signed and Dated Silver Variant Artist Proof Mondo Poster, 2008 from THE THING (1982) sold for £1,625 ($2,145)
Stephen Lane, Prop Store CEO, commented on the auction: “We continue to exceed all expectations and produce another phenomenal auction. Alternative movie posters continue to increase in popularity and value, and items from the Bryan Fuller and Charles Lippincott collections sold exceptionally well. Our global bidders were very active throughout the auction and we’re looking forward to present another outstanding collection of posters in April 2022.”
Mark Hochman, Prop Store’s poster expert, also commented on the auction: “Prop Store’s first two-day poster auction proved to be a special event and more successful than we could have hoped for in the current climate with our Star Wars content proving incredibly popular and very well received with an incredible £53,125 being achieved for our Empire Strikes Back original artwork painting. There were certainly some impressive sale prices across the whole auction with the Howard Kazanjian and Bryan Fuller Collections reaching impressive prices. with once again our Alternative Movie Poster offerings one of the standout categories.”
About Prop Store
Prop Store sells original movie props and costumes and related memorabilia, regularly hosting live and online prop and costume auctions. Over 8,000 items are also available for sale at fixed price on www.propstore.com.
Operating since 1998, Prop Store founder Stephen Lane’s love for movies led him to begin hunting for the same props and costumes that were used to create his favourite films. He found that he could not only provide collectors with access to their most coveted pieces, but also establish archival standards for a new, pop-culture hybrid of fine art and memorabilia collecting – prop art. Prop Store handles prop disposal, sale, archive and auction services to production companies and distributors as well as fixed price item sale on its website.
In 2020, Prop Store received the Queens Award for Enterprise in International Trade. The Queen’s Award for Enterprise is widely recognised as the highest accolade for business success in the UK. The award recognises British companies that have excelled in innovation, international trade, sustainable development and promoting opportunity through social mobility.