Shoot 1UP DX Out Today on Nintendo Switch
Charlestown, IN –October 15th, 2020– Mommy’s Best Games releases their retro-styled shooter game Shoot 1UP DX to Nintendo Switch in North America.
Ported now to Nintendo Switch in North America (NA), Shoot 1UP DX is a classic arcade game with a twist: Play all your ships at once. Beginning with three ships, players continue to build their forces, piloting up to 30 ships to fight through 8 alien levels. Two-player mode is available as well for 60 ships. The DX release features additional content, and enhanced visuals.
“Today marks the start of the DX releases to new consoles and I couldn’t be happier!” says Mommy’s Best Games president Nathan Fouts. “ I’ve seen many gamers surprised by the wild ideas in Shoot 1UP DX, and it’s so great to give them a chance to play it on Nintendo Switch.”
With Shoot 1UP DX now available on Nintendo Switch in North America, work continues for bringing the game to Europe. PS4 and Xbox One releases are in the works as well. Release dates will follow.
Fouts continued, “Getting 60 frames a second for Nintendo Switch was a challenge, but my friends at Super Soul are skilled at Unity development. Watching the game smoothly scroll by on that amazing looking, handheld Switch screen is a great feeling.”
Key Features for Shoot 1UP DX
- 1UPs instantly enter the action!
- Command up to 30 ships at the same time!
- 2 player local co-op play for 60 simultaneous player ship insanity!
- Contract your phalanx to dodge enemy fire, expand your ships to fire the PLASMA AUGER!
- Weapons upgrade as you collect more ships (And they downgrade when you lose them so stay sharp!)
- Sacrifice ships for a BULLET-VAPORIZING BOMB which increases in power the more ships you’ve collected!
- Hardcore? Crank up the difficulty and gameplay speed for THUMB-TWISTING maneuvers!
- Classic shmup design – 8 levels of alien-fighting action, ready for you to get your revenge!
- Deluxe Version includes 2 brand new levels, a dozen NEW ENEMIES, bosses, and more!