Experience the next evolution of the hit co-op zombie shooter with new story episodes, modes and 4K|60 FPS gameplay on next-gen systems
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — June 14, 2021 — Saber Interactive has announced World War Z: Aftermath, the ultimate co-op zombie shooter inspired by Paramount Pictures’ blockbuster film. World War Z: Aftermath is the next evolution of the original hit World War Z, which recently celebrated 15 million players worldwide, featuring 4K|60 FPS gameplay on next-gen systems, a new melee combat system, new first-person mode, and full cross-play on consoles and PC.
Powered by the next generation of Saber’s dynamic Swarm Engine™, World War Z: Aftermath turns the tide of our fight for survival back against the undead. Join up to three friends or play on your own with AI teammates against hordes of ravenous zombies in intense story episodes across new zombie-ravaged locations around the world: Rome, Vatican City and Russia’s Kamchatka peninsula.
- New Battles from a World at War: Play as both new and returning characters as you take the fight to the undead with a brutal new melee system, decimating zekes with unique moves, perks and dual-wield weapon options like the sickle and cleaver. Fend off new undead monstrosities, including swarms of flesh-hungry rats that will unleash total chaos on your team.
- The Next Generation of Zombie Action: Play in glorious 4K|60 FPS on next-gen systems. Endure endless waves of increasingly difficult zombies in the new Horde Mode XL game mode, exclusive to PC, PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S, featuring hundreds more zombies on screen than ever before possible (Horde Mode XL will arrive in a free post-launch update).
- New First-Person Mode: Experience a heart-pounding new perspective with Aftermath’s immersive first-person mode option.
- Deep Hero Progression: Level up eight unique classes — the Gunslinger, Hellraiser, Slasher, Medic, Fixer, Exterminator, Dronemaster, and all-new Vanguard class — each with their own perks and playstyles. Customize your weapons to survive any challenge, and conquer new daily missions with special modifiers for bonus rewards.
- The Complete World War Z Experience: Aftermath includes all content from World War Z: Game of the Year Edition, including full episodes in New York, Moscow, Marseille and Tokyo.
- Play With Friends Anywhere: Aftermath supports up to four-player co-op with full cross-play between consoles and PC.
World War Z: Aftermath will launch later this year on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC for $39.99, with backwards compatibility available on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S at 4K|60 FPS. Players who own the original World War Z will be able to purchase World War Z: Aftermath for $19.99 on their respective platforms. World War Z: Aftermath: Deluxe Edition, featuring a bonus weapon pack, weapon skins, and four days of early access, will be available for $49.99 ($29.99 for World War Z owners).
In early 2022, World War Z: Aftermath will officially launch on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S with additional next-generation features and enhancements, including the new Horde Mode XL. A free upgrade to the next-generation version of Aftermath will be available for players who purchase Aftermath on PlayStation®4, Xbox One or PC on their respective platforms.
About Saber Interactive
An Embracer Group company headquartered in the U.S., Saber Interactive is a worldwide publisher and developer operating across 13 studios in the Americas and Europe. Saber’s studios include 4A Games, Aspyr Media, New World Interactive, Mad Head Games, Nimble Giant Entertainment, Zen Studios, Snapshot Games, and 34BigThings, as well as Saber development offices in Russia, Spain, Belarus, Sweden and Portugal.
Creating games for all major platforms based on both original and licensed IPs, Saber’s titles include World War Z with over 15 million players worldwide (built on the proprietary Swarm Engine™), SnowRunner, the NBA Playgrounds franchise, and the upcoming Evil Dead: The Game. Founded in 2001, Saber is known for two decades of development partnerships with AAA publishers, producing The Witcher III for Nintendo Switch and next-gen consoles, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Crysis Remastered, Quake Champions and many others.
About Paramount Pictures Corporation
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. TM & © 2021 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.