FRISCO, Texas – January 31, 2022 – The first of two new survivors joining Risk of Rain 2 in Survivors of the Void was announced today by Gearbox Publishing and Hopoo Games during the Survivor #1 Reveal Stream. Railgunner offers a fast-paced, tactical playstyle that rewards the sharpshooters with the best accuracy and impeccable timing. She is accompanied in Survivors of the Void by a wealth of content as this DLC expansion builds upon Risk of Rain 2’s approachable roguelike formula with new Survivors, levels, items, monsters, and more. Survivors of the Void launches on Steam on March 1, 2022.
Railgunner Skill Details:
- Her primary weapon, the M99 Sniper, puts players in her perspective to look down the scope and target enemy Weak Points. By hitting these Weak Points, this long-ranged powerhouse deals a devastating 1,000% damage with a guaranteed Critical Strike.
- Railgunner’s attacks cannot randomly crit like other Survivors, but all Critical Strike Chance gained with items is converted into additional Critical Strike Damage.
- Firing with the M99 Sniper triggers Railgunner’s Active Reload bar. By perfectly timing a reload, players can increase the pace of their shots and deal an extra +500% base damage on the next shot.
- When enemies get up close, Railgunner’s XQR Smart Round System fires off rapid smart rounds that keep nearby enemies at bay and deal 100% damage.
- Railgunner’s Concussion Devices create a gravity-propelled blast zone that pushes away anything within range. Players can use Concussion Devices to launch Railgunner rapidly away from enemies, creating enough space between her and her foes to line up the killing shot, or to spread out groups of monsters, separating them for targeted snipes.
- Railgunner’s special ability, Supercharge, overloads her railgun, shelling out 4,000% damage and 150% Weak Point damage. While Supercharge’s explosive blast can wipe out tougher enemies with the right items, that power comes at a cost: after firing, Railgunner’s weapons must recharge, leaving her unable to attack for five seconds and forcing players to rely on Railgunner’s Concussion Devices alone to keep away from harm.
- Escape Petrichor V with Railgunner to unlock alternative abilities and an alternative skin.
“Risk of Rain has always been about thinking of the wildest experiences possible and making them real,” says Paul Morse, co-founder of Hopoo Games. “We gave Railgunner an FPS-style scope to challenge what our game can be, and we ended up with a dynamic Survivor we are confident many players will enjoy.”
“As the first ever expansion for Risk of Rain 2, Survivors of the Void is packed with loads of new content designed to give players different ways to play,” says Duncan Drummond, co-founder of Hopoo Games. “Railgunner is just one piece of the puzzle, and there’s more fun stuff coming. Simply put, Survivors of the Void is going bigger than anything we have ever done before!”
Risk of Rain 2 is a fast-paced, co-op roguelike shooter developed by Hopoo Games and published by Gearbox Publishing. Players can team with up to three other friends, play as 11 unique Survivors, and trek through more than a dozen stages to escape the alien planet, Petrichor V. With unlockable alternate abilities, tons of items to discover on runs, and equippable Artifacts to shake up gameplay, no two runs are ever the same.
Survivors of the Void launches on Steam on March 1, 2022 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $15 USD, with the console release coming in Q2 of 2022. Risk of Rain 2 is available on Steam, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™ and Google Stadia. Stay tuned to Risk of Rain 2 on Twitter for further announcements for Survivors of the Void.
About Hopoo Games
A small team who started out as two students from the University of Washington, Hopoo Games made their mark with the award-winning indie success, Risk of Rain in 2013, followed by Deadbolt in 2016. Now a team of indie veterans, they launched the hotly anticipated sequel to Risk of Rain titled Risk of Rain 2 in 2020. Learn more at hopoogames.com.
About Gearbox Publishing
Founded in 2016, Gearbox Publishing was established with the goal of helping developers around the world bring their products to market while retaining their unique creative visions. The mission began with the critically-acclaimed Homeworld Remastered Collection for PC, and has since been followed by many partnerships that include tiny Build’s Hello Neighbor, System Era Softworks’ Astroneer, Compulsion Games’ We Happy Few, Norsfell’s Tribes of Midgard, Hopoo’s Risk of Rain 2, and Counterplay Games’ PlayStation 5 launch title, Godfall. Gearbox Publishing remains committed to its mission to entertain the world and become the most developer-friendly publisher in the industry. The Gearbox Entertainment Company is a proud member of the Embracer Group AB family of companies, which is publicly traded at Nasdaq First North (EMBRAC B). For more information, visit www.GearboxPublishing.com.