Sports and Classic Cartoons Collide with Minimalist Baseball Bugs – MLB Edition
Limited Edition Variants for All 30 MLB Teams Available Now
- Preston, a nationally known illustrator, is melding sports and classic cartoons with the debut of officially licensed MINIMALIST BASEBALL BUGS – MLB EDITION prints, in collaboration with Chuck Jones Gallery™ and MLB™. Inspired by the Looney Tunes episode “Baseball Bugs,” these brand new, cross-licensed prints are now available for purchase, featuring the iconic Bugs Bunny representing an MLB team as he winds up for the perfect pitch.
“There’s something magical about mashups – two of our favorite brands mixed into one. My childhood mashup was Saturday mornings with my cereal bowl and flipping back and forth between baseball and cartoons. This memory is such a distinct part of growing up that illustrating Baseball Bugs came naturally,” said S. Preston. “It’s incredibly gratifying to have two massive brands like MLB and Warner Bros come together to take a chance on my vision. I’m so proud to be able to bring this extremely unique artwork to my fans of baseball and pop culture.”
With illustrations available in any of the 30 MLB Clubs, baseball fans can show their pride with these Bugs Bunny variants, allowing them to align the character’s jersey color and cap with their favorite baseball team. Perfect for home or office decoration, the art, illustrated by S. Preston, comes with a certificate of authenticity, hand number and artist signature.
“Linda Jones Enterprises is delighted to work with artist S. Preston on this exciting project. The opportunity to bring the joy of the most famous Looney Tunes character, Bugs Bunny, to Baseball fans is thrilling and special to us,” Said Craig Kausen, President of the Chuck Jones Gallery.
- Preston started illustrating for Chuck Jones Gallery in 2018, incorporating his unique style with the Warner Bros. brand. WhileMINIMALIST BASEBALL BUGS – MLB EDITIONis the first Chuck Jones Gallery licensed print available for purchase, S. Preston has a larger collection of Minimalist Looney Tunes episodes on exhibit in art galleries across the country.
With initial dreams of becoming a professional athlete, S. Preston blended his unique artistic talents with his passion for sports, doodling his way to beautiful minimalist art that would deeply connect with sports fanatics. Minimalist ballpark designs led off his success, and from there, he moved on to MLB mascots, moments, trophy designs and princesses dressed in local team gear, eventually achieving national recognition and becoming one of only four licensed MLB artists.
In 2016, S. Preston’s artwork made the permanent archives of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown, NY, and he is a lifetime member of the coveted institution.
MINIMALIST BASEBALL BUGS – MLB EDITION will be available in limited quantities of 100 variants per team, with an MSRP of $80.00. For more information or to reserve your limited edition print early, visit https://sprestondesigns.com/collections/baseball-bugs-team-variants
LIMITED EDITION TEAM VARIANTS
Character: Bugs Bunny
- Digital print on museum-grade archival paper.
- Certificate of authenticity, embossed, hand-signed and numbered by the artist.
- Optional: black wood frame, white double mat and UV, anti-glare plexiglass.
Medium Print – Limited Edition of 100
- Print size: 14×20 inches
- Image size: 12×18 inches (with white border)
- Frame size: 20×26 inches
Large Print – Limited Edition of 10
- Print size: 24×36 inches
- Image size: 20×30 inches (with white border)
- Frame size: 27×39 inches
About S. Preston
- Preston is a nationally known illustrator born in Canada and now living in sunny California. Combining his two passions for sports and clean design, S. Preston defined himself with a unique perspective in the work of sports branding and graphic arts. Preston’s artwork has quickly gained popularity across North America, particularly his collection of minimalist stadiums and mascots. He is one of four licensed MLB artists and the only licensed NHL artist. S. Preston is a lifetime member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and his artwork was added to the permanent archives in Cooperstown in 2016.