(San Antonio, TX) The music and visuals of a live Queen show live on in Q: THE MUSIC OF QUEEN, coming to the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts’ H-E-B Performance Hall for one very special socially distanced performance on Saturday, March 27, 2020 at 8PM.
Tickets go on-sale Friday, December 11th at 10am and can be purchased online at www.tobincenter.org, via phone (210) 223-8624 and in-person at the Tobin Center’s Box Office (100 Auditorium Circle, 78205). Box Office hours are Monday-Friday 10a-6p and Saturday, 10a-2p. Socially distanced tickets are $29.50, $36.50 and $44.50.
Using the music and visuals of a live Queen show as the template, Q: The Music of Queen recreates the excitement and spectacle of one of rock’s most iconic bands.
Featuring a setlist filled with stunning vocal and guitar harmonies, Q will take you through the 21-year history of Queen, from the early days to their triumphant performance at Live Aid in 1985.
From classics like “Under Pressure” and “Another One Bites The Dust” to deeper cuts like “Keep Yourself Alive” and “Bicycle Race”, no Queen song is too ambitious or bombastic for this group of talented musicians to take on.
Led by the soaring vocals of Sean Finch, the band’s lineup also includes Taylor Bini (percussion/vocals), Dave Parent (bass/vocals), Daniel Elliott (keys/vocals), MaryBolner (drums), and is rounded out by the guitar duo of Albert Steves (guitar/vocals) and Ryan Chadek (guitar) – tasked with recreating Brian May’s larger-than-life guitar harmonies.
It’s your chance to sing along to all your favorite Queen hits! Of course, what Queen tribute would be complete without an ambitiously accurate live performance of the iconic mega-hit “Bohemian Rhapsody”?
Every detail of the music has been painstakingly recreated so that the experience of a Q show is nothing short of spectacular! Whether it is a large venue or private party, Q: The Music of Queen will deliver a Mercury-esque performance. Bottom line: we will rock you.
Health and safety protocols:
- All attendees will be temperature screened before entry. Patrons with elevated temperatures will not be allowed to enter.
- All attendees must wear a mask for entrance and anytime they are away from their seats or designated areas. (Masks will be provided to those without).
- No outside food or drinks
- No large purses, backpacks or bags
- Touch free payments and ticket scanning
- Restroom and elevator occupancy limited and monitored at all times
- Frequent cleaning on touch surfaces and use of electrostatic disinfectant devices
- Multiple touchless hand sanitizer locations are available throughout the venue.
- Plexi guards in place for concessions, patron services and box office.
- Seating in the H-E-B Performance Hall will be every other row with two seats empty between parties for adequate social distancing.
- Floor markers for social distancing will be in place at all queuing locations- Parking garage elevator lobbies, Tobin elevator lobbies, concessions, patron services, merchandise locations, restrooms, and box office.
- Social distance spacing will be maintained on the Will Naylor Smith River Walk Plaza and the Carlos Alvarez Studio Theater.
- Tobin Center staff and volunteers will be temperature screened before entering the theater and will not be allowed to enter if elevated
- Tobin Center staff and volunteers will wear face masks at all times.