The LAN/offline hybrid event offers a prize pot of $3.5 million USD and will be broadcasted on various global platforms
Based on Rank Decision matches which took place from February 5-7, the highest ranked 16 teams will kick off Weekly Survival matches on February 8 to battle it out for a place in the Weekly Grand Finals. Once a team wins a Weekly Survival match, they will progress to the Weekly Grand Finals immediately – with their place taken by the next highest ranked team from Rank Decision Matches. The four top ranked teams at the Weekly Finals will take home a share of the prize pot. This process continues over eight weeks, with a one-week break in the middle for an additional PUBG esports tournament.
The share of prize money offered in each weekly event will grow as the tournament progresses, and the team that secures the most earnings by the end of the event will be crowned champions. A full run-down of the PGI.S format and rules can be found here.
- Week 1 Weekly Survival Matches: Monday 8 February, Tuesday 9 February and Wednesday 10 February, starting from 11:00 CET.
- After the opening week, weekly Survival Matches will take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11:00 CET.
- Weekly Finals Matches: To take place every Saturday and Sunday throughout the event from 11:00 CET.
- Survival Tournament: March 5-7, a specialty tournament within PGI.S.
All matches will be broadcasted globally on various platforms in 17 languages, including English, Russian, Turkish, Korean, and Vietnamese. In addition to the broadcast, fans can tune into the Weekly Final pre-shows and enjoy additional PUBG esports content. Please see below for a list of broadcast links in various languages. Further information about broadcasting and Talents can be found here.
- English – https://www.twitch.tv/pubg
- English – https://www.youtube.com/pubgesports
- Russian – https://vk.com/playpubg
- Turkish – https://www.twitch.tv/pubgtvturkiye
- Finnish – https://www.twitch.tv/pubg_finland/
- Czech – https://www.twitch.tv/pubg_czsk / https://www.twitch.tv/amidivine
- German – https://www.twitch.tv/beingesports
- Hungarian – https://www.twitch.tv/omgezjonesy
- Spanish – https://www.facebook.com/jovenzero
- French – https://www.twitch.tv/carazwolf
KRAFTON, Inc. will once again be holding the Pick’Em Challenge – an event where fans predict the winner of PGI.S in order to win prizes. Fans can earn free voting coupons, and purchase PGI.S items, by visiting the in-game esports tab. Reflecting KRAFTON, Inc’s. commitment to rewarding PUBG esports players, the $3.5 million USD prize pot will be supplemented by 30% of all revenue made from the Pick’Em Challenge.
KRAFTON, Inc. places the highest priority on the safety of both players and staff, and will be complying with COVID-19 measures set out by both the Korean government and local government. It will also be implementing its own strengthened three stage safety process, focusing on prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
About KRAFTON, Inc.
KRAFTON, Inc. is a collective of independent game development teams responsible for various entertainment properties, including PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, ELYON, and TERA. The name, which is derived from the word craftsmanship, is an acknowledgement of the company’s never-ending pursuit of innovation and creating engaging experiences. KRAFTON currently consists of PUBG Studio, Striking Distance Studios, Bluehole Studio, and RisingWings. For more information about KRAFTON, please visit https://www.krafton.com.