It all started out with an announcement at gamescom back in 2017… After all the years of anticipation, it feels surreal to us that the time has finally come. Open-world, post-apocalyptic Wung-Fu fable RPG Biomutant is now available worldwide on PlayStation®4, Xbox One™, and PC at an SRP of $ 59.99 / € 59.99 / 54.99 £.
Biomutant’s ever-evolving hero has been called a raccoon, a red panda, and even a cat but what remains most important is its unique, martial-arts-style combat system that mixes melee, shooting, and mutant abilities. Players can look forward to unleashing these powers against surprise attacks from some of the most outlandish enemies ever confronted. Biomutant’s lush and vibrant gamescape, spanning everything from snowy tundras to rocky deserts, serves as the backdrop to an epic fable of one creature’s journey to save his broken world.
LAUNCH TIMES on May 25th 2021
Xbox One Release: 25.05.2021 – 14:00 UTC aka 4pm CEST
Steam Release: 25.05.2021 – 17:00 UTC aka 7pm CEST
Epic Games Release: 25.05.2021 – 17:00 UTC aka 7pm CEST
- The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee, and powers from your mutations. Learning new Wung-Fu combat forms through progression and learning from masters you’ll meet, will constantly add to your choices and make sure combat never gets old.
- You’ll be able to re-code your genetic structure to change the way you look and play. This will of course affect your attributes and in addition to this, exposure to bio-contamination in the world will lead to mutations like the Turtleform and Mucus Bubble, while exposure to radioactivity found in bunkers from the old world will affect your mind and unlock psi-mutations like telekinesis, levitation and more.
- You are totally free when crafting weapons. Mix and match parts to create your own unique 1H or 2H slash and crush weapons. Revolvers, rifles and shotguns and add modifications like cork-screws and battery-powered chainsaw modules to bio-contaminated sludge vials adding to your combat arsenal. There are even characters you’ll meet that’ll craft cool stuff for you, like bionic wings, a jump-pack and even let you modify your Automaton – the scrap-toy sidekick!
- You are totally free when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but what type of gear you wear. Equip a gas-mask and an oxygen tank for exploring the Dead Zones, thermos-resistant clothes for venturing into cryonic areas or protective gear for taking on bio-contaminated creatures, the choice is up to you.
- You are free to explore the world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon or area unique mounts. Explore the dying wildland, the tunnels and bunker networks of the underworld, and find your way up the mountains or out in the archipelago. There are lots of discoveries to be made, mysteries to unravel, creatures to confront, and weird characters to meet in this vibrant and colorful world.
- Your actions play a major part in the unfolding of a story where End is coming to the New World. A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down… You are guided through the world by a Storyteller that narrates every step of your journey, but it’s your actions and choices that’ll decide how your story of survival ends.
About THQ Nordic
Founded in 2011, THQ Nordic is a global video game publisher and developer. Based in Vienna, Austria and Karlstad, Sweden with subsidiaries in Germany and the USA, THQ Nordic brands include Darksiders, MX vs. ATV, Red Faction, Titan Quest and many more. THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve. The company’s internal development studios are Grimlore Games based in Munich, Germany; Rainbow Studios based in Phoenix, Arizona; Mirage Game Studios AB based in Karlstad, Sweden and Foxglove Studios AB based in Stockholm, Sweden