Today, New Wave has revealed that the next classic game in its line of premium miniature arcade cabinets is none other than Qbert. Qbert X RepliCade is a faithful 1/6-scale arcade cabinet recreation capturing the essence of the Gottleib’s 1982 sensation, from its diagonally mounted four-way joystick to a fully-functional mini knocker coil that thumps when Qbert falls off the pyramid. The fully-playable collectible is now available on NewWaveToys.com for the limited-time pre-order price of $129.99. Collectors can also pre-order a special Qbert X RepliCade: Warren Davis Edition for $149.99, a limited-edition premium version that recreates the game designer’s personal prototype cabinet.
Both versions of the mini reproduction have been crafted with the meticulous attention to detail that New Wave consistently delivers. Players can experience the challenge of Warren Davis’ default gameplay settings or dive into the DIP switches and adjust the game to their liking. For those who are looking for an even tougher Qbert experience, the mini cabinet also plays the previously unreleased sequel, Faster Harder More Challenging Qbert.
Arcade lovers can enjoy the game on the RepliCade’s vertically-oriented 4:3 aspect ratio LCD or connect the cabinet to an HD television for big-screen, plug-and-play thrills. Either way, it’s the same Q*bert action that helped make the character an ’80s arcade legend.
The Warren Davis Edition includes additional cabinet detailing, including simulated wear and tear, a Gottlieb raised letter coin door, and an exclusive mini decal set.
Pre-orders for both editions are now live at NewWaveToys.com and estimated to ship in Q4 2021.
- Replica Q*bert arcade machine in 1/6-scale
- Plays the original Q*bert arcade ROM and Warren Davis’s previously unreleased sequel Faster Harder More Challenging Q*bert
- Fully functional knocker coil
- Arcade operator’s menu with customizable DIP switch and operational test mode
- Miniaturized control panel featuring reproduction ball-top joystick and buttons
- Plug-and-Play HDTV connectivity
- Cabinet constructed from traditional materials including wood, metal, and plastic
- Illuminated marquee and cabinet accents
- RepliCade signature amplified mono audio reproduction with volume control
- High-resolution cabinet art reproduction on quality 3M vinyl overlays
- Diecast metal coin doors with storage compartments
- High score saving with non-volatile memory
- Built-in, high-capacity rechargeable battery
- Premium LCD color screen 4:3 aspect ratio (vertical orientation)
- Officially licensed Gottlieb branding
- Q*bert’s gibberish Marquee
- Preproduction side panel, bezel, and CPO artwork
- Gottlieb raised letter coin door
- Replica mini decal set
- Mini decal set
- Limited edition
Released in 1982 by Gottleib, Q*bert quickly became an arcade sensation. Players were drawn to the titular character and its unusual gameplay, which had players bounding around a pyramid of cubes to change each block’s color. All the while, Q*bert was chased by enemies including Coily the snake. The character’s oddball personality — supplemented by nonsensical synthesized audio “swearing” — made him a natural fit for lunchboxes, clothing, and even a starring role on CBS’ Saturday Supercade animated series. Decades later, he appeared in cameos in films including Pixels and Wreck-It Ralph.
New Wave Toys is dedicated to recreating the authentic arcade experience with its line of premium collectibles, all of which replicate the features and vintage feel of the arcade machines we grew up with, in consumer-friendly 1/6-scale. Q*bert X RepliCade follows previously released cabinets including Asteroids X RepliCade, Street Fighter II: Champion Edition X RepliCade, Tempest X RepliCade, Centipede X RepliCade, and Dragon’s Lair X RepliCade.
For more information, please visit newwavetoys.com.
About New Wave
Since 2016, New Wave has been dedicated to licensing and recreating classic and culturally significant memorabilia in all forms – from arcade games to retro electronics, books, curios, and collectibles. Exclusivity, accuracy, and that all-important cool factor – it’s all there in the name. No matter the medium, New Wave has a way of embracing the future by preserving the best parts of what’s past; they spare no expense to deliver unparalleled quality and detail while capitalizing on their technological mastery to prime their products for modern relevance. A tight-knit team that first set out to make the items they wish they had growing up, New Wave understands nostalgia as more than an aesthetic, not cannibalizing but canonizing those most enduring tokens of our collective memory. Follow New Wave on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. For more information, please visit newwavetoys.com.