BLUE ISLE STUDIOS AND VIRTUAL BASEMENT ANNOUNCE NEW HIGH-FLYING COMPETITIVE SPORTS GAME BROOMSTICK LEAGUE
Mount Your Broom and Take to the Skies in Competitive Magical Aerial Experience at Twitchcon 2019!
TORONTO, CANADA – SEPTEMBER 17, 2019 – Independent developer & publisher Blue Isle Studios in partnership with Virtual Basement announced plans to release a new fantastical competitive sports game today, Broomstick League, coming soon to Steam Early Access. In Broomstick League, players take to the sky to compete against other would be wizards from around the world in a fast paced, high flying, trick shot scoring, all-out battle for supremacy of the skies.
The first hands on playable of Broomstick League will debut at TwitchCon 2019, September 27 – 29 in San Diego, CA.
In Broomstick League players divide into teams and zoom across massive arenas atop their trusty broomsticks in an effort to grab the magical orb, outmaneuver other players and score a goal. Equipped with a broomstick and wand, players must hone their flying skills and use magic to dodge enemies, defend their goal and make extraordinary plays. Players compete against friends online and use a combination of fast reflexes, teammate assists and magical spells in an effort to become the champion by scoring in one of the two goals on their opponents. Broomstick League features endless combos of plays with no two matches ever the same.
Broomstick League is all about winning, with the added variety and excitement of aerial competition via broomsticks and targeted spell casting. Use the blink spell to teleport into position and the blast spell to knock the ball out of your opponent’s hands. Well timed casting can make the difference between a buzzer beating goal or a soul crushing defeat.
Broomstick League Gameplay Key Features:
- Fast Paced Matches: Play 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 with friends or matchmake online with opponents from around the world. Form magical teams to see who will dominate the flying arena!
- Reflexive and Fantastical Gameplay: Pick up speed while dive bombing to fly past a defender. Cast a spell on your opponent to blast the ball away or use the blink spell and teleport to a more favorable position. Surprise your enemies and gain the advantage!
- Character Customization: Personalize the look of your witch or wizard with a deep pool of creative options. Unlock new broomsticks, wands, and perform a variety of taunts and dance moves to rattle your opponents in the arena!
- Mystical Arenas: Experience high flying sports action within fantastical arenas brimming with magic! Battle it out with giant trolls lurking in the background or score impressive goals while floating on the back of massive flying creatures.
- Player Progression and Stats: Track your progress with leaderboards, stat tracking and player levelling system to prove you are the most spellbinding broomstick pilot in the land!
Media or content creators interested in booking a demo of Broomstick League at Twitchcon should email Danitra Alomia ([email protected]). For more information on Broomstick League, please visit the website, watch on YouTube and Twitch, follow Broomstick League on Twitter, and ‘Like’ the game on Facebook.
ABOUT VIRTUAL BASEMENT
Virtual Basement LLC was founded in 2013 with a team that spans across the globe. With our collective experience, we are continuously challenging each other to grow and create new exciting imagery and narratives. We have been a part of many very exciting ventures, such as: The Mean Greens: Plastic Warfare (2015), ARK: Survival Evolved (2015), Citadel: Forged with Fire (2017), and Outlaws of the Old West (2019). Our diverse creative team brings inclusive games for all types of gamers. Virtual Basement’s focus is on creating innovative products that will bring FUN to gamers.
ABOUT BLUE ISLE STUDIOS
Founded in 2010, Blue Isle Studios is an independent video game developer and publisher located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Canada. Lead by industry veterans Alex Tintor and Brenden Frank, Blue Isle has established itself as one of gaming’s most exciting developers, creating iconic titles that have sold millions of copies worldwide. A small yet passionate group of artists, designers and programmers, Blue Isle works to build captivating virtual worlds, delivering the best gaming experience possible no matter what the genre. www.blueislestudios.com.