Dark Envoy is a non-linear sci-fantasy RPG set in a world shaken by the dichotomy between magic and technology. Solo, or with a friend in two-player co-op, players will travel the world using a Skyship as their base of operations. Jäan shifts with the passage of in-game time, so the decisions of where to go will often be as impactful as what you do when you arrive, taking on quests or world events and tipping the balance throughout this blossoming conflict.
- Full Single/Co-op Campaign — Play Dark Envoy fully solo or with a friend
- Story Quests, Side-Quests, and Optional Shape-Shifting Dungeons — In addition to the bespoke main and side-quests, there are dungeons where the layouts and enemy patrol routes shift each time you enter
- Crew Your Airship With Companions — Recruit characters such as a Moon-Elf assassin, quirky engineer, ex-Imperial soldier, renowned Elven mercenary, and more
- Real-Time Combat — Tactics and your chosen companions are equally important in a combat system you can slow down and pause
- 4 Base Classes and 16 Specializations — Discover rare, hidden classes which can only be found in remote locations or through special quests
- Authentic RPG Systems — Experiment and adapt to your playstyle: Mix skill trees, boost individual abilities, and take advantage of an expansive crafting system featuring research and enchantment
- The World of Jäan — Rich, complex lore and narrative with mature writing that shapes the sci-fantasy world of Jäan, which features 15 different biomes that introduce a variety of gameplay mechanics
- Non-Linear RPG Narrative — Player choices impact the world: it can be destroyed or saved, and the stories that unfold will lead to multiple endings reflecting the characters’ personalities and decisions
- High-Production Values — Motion-captured animation, beautiful, scenic locations, and gorgeous combat effects all in 4k
About Event Horizon
Event Horizon’s mission is to develop memorable RPGs with rich stories and satisfying gameplay. Founded in 2016, the studio has grown to 20+ people since its first title, Tower of Time, was released in 2018 (1,500+ reviews with a “Very Positive” rating). The team is aiming to build upon that success and the experience they’ve gained with their sophomore game, Dark Envoy, which is being developed for PC (Windows, Linux) and home consoles.