The First Moorish American Festival in 106 Years
Celebrating Culture, People, Food
July 9, 2019 (Houston, TX) – Solel’s Annual Fête will spotlight Moro Americana with the Moorish American Festival. It’s fitting that the first Moorish American Festival to occur in the United States in 106 years will take place in Houston, the most diverse city in the US, on July 20, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Houston Area Urban League, 301 Texas Avenue. Moro Americana tickets are $20. For tickets or more information, visit www.solelint.org/moroamericana.
Moorish culture features a wealth of food, music, arts, crafts, and entertainment. Carve out this day to meet a community of people with a blessed rich history that contributes to the world and come see what the Moorish culture has to offer!
- Moorish American food served free of charge.
- Chef Munford will prepare Conway Halibut Ceviche and Newburgh Honey Roasted Carrots.
- Furaha Sahani will prepare Apple Fatira and other foods.
- A fashion show commemorating unity will be provided by Bahraini Princess, Her Highness Shaikha Abeer Al Khalifa
- International entertainer Hotline.
- Cultural Dances by Vocka Redu and Eclipse the Earthstar.
- Charlene Brown of the Cosby Show’s It’s a Different World will perform as part of Triwen Productions
- Ruben Moreno, the international zydeco artist
- Photography displays by Han$o
- Moorish American jewelry, crafts, and visual art by Michel FG and Genesis
- Styles presented by Hamsa Fashions and modeled by Revalushion Management.
Solel International is a Houston-based 501(c)(3) organization that is focused on promoting truly rooted arts and culture to all, supports multidisciplinary arts for creatives locally and internationally, provides after-school programming, cultural festivals and expos, and other creative services to underrepresented communities.