Hello, Dolly! and the Just-Announced Meet Me in St. Louis Join
Alien, The Shawshank Redemption and More Unforgettable Films
Coming to Movie Theaters Nationwide During the Second Half of 2019
DENVER – July 23, 2019 – After a spectacular first six months of 2019, Fathom Events and Turner Classic Movies (TCM) will bring seven more classic films to movie theaters in the second half of the year, beginning with Barbra Streisand starring in Gene Kelly‘s lavish adaptation of Hello, Dolly!, and ending with a newly announced presentation of the MGM musical classic Meet Me in St. Louis.
For its 50th anniversary, Hello, Dolly! is back where she belongs: on the big screen, playing Sunday, August 11, and Wednesday, August 14. Winner of three Academy Awards®, Hello, Dolly! kicks off the second half of 2019’s TCM Big Screen Classics series, which is in the midst of its biggest and most popular year yet.
Young audiences recently discovered Hello, Dolly! as the favorite film of the title character in Disney-Pixar’s “Wall-E.” Now fans of all ages can experience the irrepressible Dolly Levi in this fabled film that also stars Walter Matthau, Michael Crawford, Marianne McAndrew,E.J. Peaker, Danny Lockin and Tommy Tune, and features more than a dozen memorable songs by Jerry Herman.
The nostalgic Americana of Hello, Dolly! is echoed in the film that will bring 2019’s TCM Big Screen Classics series to a close – director Vincente Minnelli‘s Meet Me in St. Louis, starring Judy Garland, Margaret O’Brien, Mary Astor and Tom Drake. Among the many unforgettable songs in the film, which celebrates its 75th anniversary, is the essential holiday classic “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.” Meet Me in St. Louis will play December 8 and 11.
Tickets to all films in the TCM Big Screen Classics series are available now online atwww.FathomEvents.com or at participating theater box offices. The complete TCM Big Screen Classics series schedule for the remainder of 2019 is:
- Hello, Dolly! – Director Gene Kelly‘s lavish, eye-popping big-screen adaptation of the Broadway musical stars a luminous Barbra Streisand in the title role. August 11 and 14.
- Lawrence of Arabia – Peter O’Toole is British soldier and adventurer T.E. Lawrence in the visual masterpiece from director David Lean from a screenplay by Robert Bolt and Michael Wilson, also starring Omar Sharif, Alec Guinness and Anthony Quinn. September 1 and 4.
- The Shawshank Redemption – The adaptation of a Stephen King story, directed by Frank Darabont, remains at the top of IMDB’s user-generated list of most popular movies ever. September 22, 24 and 25.
- Alien – The landmark science-fiction/horror blockbuster from director Ridley Scottcelebrates its 40th anniversary as one of the most influential genre films in movie history. October 13, 15 and 16.
- The Godfather: Part II – Director Francis Ford Coppola‘s brilliant follow-up to The Godfather continues the Corleone family saga in another stunning masterpiece that earned the Academy Award® for Best Picture. November 10, 12 and 13.
- When Harry Met Sally… — There are rom-coms – and then there’s When Harry Met Sally …, in which Harry and Sally insist they can remain just friends, despite all evidence to the contrary. December 1 and 3.
- Meet Me in St. Louis – The nostalgic classic chronicles life and love at the turn of the 20th century and is filled with unforgettable songs and performances. December 8 and 11.
About Fathom Events
Fathom Events is the leading event cinema distributor with theater locations in all top 100 DMAs® (Designated Market Areas) and ranks as one of the largest overall theater content distributors. Owned by AMC Entertainment Inc. (NYSE: AMC); Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK); and Regal, a subsidiary of the Cineworld Group (LSE: CINE.L), Fathom Events offers a variety of unique entertainment events in movie theaters such as live performances of the Metropolitan Opera, top Broadway stage productions, major sporting events, epic concerts, the yearlong TCM Big Screen Classics series, inspirational events and popular anime franchises. Fathom Events takes audiences behind the scenes for unique extras including audience Q&As, backstage footage and interviews with cast and crew, creating the ultimate VIP experience. Fathom Events’ live Digital Broadcast Network (“DBN”) is the largest cinema broadcast network in North America, bringing live and pre-recorded events to 975 locations and 1,578 screens in 181 DMAs. The company also provides corporations a compelling national footprint for hosting employee meetings, customer rewards events and new product launches. For more information, visit www.FathomEvents.com.
About Turner Classic Movies (TCM)
Turner Classic Movies (TCM) is a two-time Peabody Award-winning network that presents great films, uncut and commercial-free, from the largest film libraries in the world highlighting the entire spectrum of film history. TCM features the insights from Primetime host Ben Mankiewicz along with hosts Alicia Malone and Dave Karger, plus interviews with a wide range of special guests and serves as the ultimate movie lover destination. Currently in its 25th year as a leading authority in classic film, TCM offers critically acclaimed series like The Essentials, along with annual programming events like 31 Days of Oscar® in February and Summer Under the Stars in August. TCM also directly connects with movie fans through events as the annual TCM Classic Film Festival in Hollywood, the TCM Big Screen Classics series in partnership with Fathom Events, as well as through the TCM Classic Film Tour in New York City and Los Angeles. In addition, TCM produces a wide range of media about classic film, including books and DVDs, and hosts a wealth of material online at tcm.com and through the Watch TCM mobile app.