April 8, 2022– Independent development studio Big Boot Games is launching the closed beta test of the arcade-style action game, METEORA on Steam on the 20th of April.
METEORA is about the rush of combat racing at unbelievable speed, space chaos, old-school arcade-style fun, and a lot more. Set in the agitated, nascent universe a few billion years into making that you experience as a Meteor trying to Survive this constant Action.
In METEORA, travel between space-zones, maneuver your way through relentless space using your skills & power-up combinations of your choice. Dodge, Chase & Takedown other meteors. Gain new abilities & Face Major Space Events. Create Meteor-showers, Decipher Electromagnetic mazes, and SURVIVE the journey!
Inspired by the imagined Universe of classic space movies’ and science documentaries, METEOR has an art style that is a mix of realism and fantasy. The environment design across all levels presents a balance between space hell and calm.
A free-to-play demo of METEORA is currently available on Steam. The full version of the game will be released in 2022.
- Dodge – You are not alone and death is a constant looming threat. But fret not, look out for the rear-view markers and dodge your way out of the other meteors closing behind you.
- Chase & Take-down – chase & plan your take-downs one-by-one before the other meteors can take you down.
- Possess & create your own meteor-shower to destroy your opponents all at once!
- Customize your meteors-shower formation to maximize the damage and increase your chances of survival.
- Unlock, upgrade, combine power-ups & Abilities to conquer the journey. Strategize power-up pick-ups and combine them in real-time.
- 50+ levels of hell and calm – experience A Fraction Of the Universe each Level. Test your skills and instincts with harder difficulties of levels and unlock hidden boss-challenges.
- About Big Boot Games
They are a micro-sized team of passionate developers and space geeks from India working towards creating an Action-racing experience set in the midst of – formation, destruction, Meteors and everything Space chaos.
Their game METEORA explores the idea of an out & out action game that doesn’t involve killings or gore but still captures the fun of an action game. And at the same time is reminiscent of the ’90s, action arcade games’ essence.