MONTRÉAL, CANADA (December 16, 2021) – Today, Eidos-Montréal, Adidas, and Marvel unveiled a first-look at the upcoming Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy footwear collaboration. Set to launch in 2022, the collection will feature six unique shoes inspired by the Guardians’ distinct looks and personalities, as explained by James Liu, Senior Designer, Footwear, Exclusives – adidas:
- Star-Lord – Forum Hi 84 and Forum Mid
- “Star-Lord has an old-school charm and is an expert in galactic combat and battle techniques; similarly, the Forum mid has an undeniable retro appeal and is a proven contender in its own area of expertise.”
- Gamora – ZX 2K Boost 2.0
- “Gamora is known across the universe as being a warrior with unmatched strength, speed and skill – and also for her lineage to the MCU game-changer Thanos. The ZX 2K Boost, the most recent silhouette to bear the iconic ZX moniker, is sleek and sharp like Gamora’s blades and takes color and material references from her armor and appearance.”
- Drax – Ozelia
- “Drax is fierce and headstrong, with superhuman strength and a formidable human-mutate physique. The Ozelia, is built like a classic sneaker but features amplified characteristics like a maximal midsole and molded panels and lines that draw similar visuals to Drax’s brutish form.”
- Groot – NMD R1
- “To capture the essence of the plant-life superbeing that is Groot, we started with the rugged trail version of the modern classic NMD R1. Unique to the style is a lugged outsole which helps to naturally grip the floor, and the mud-guard that runs along the bottom of the shoe helps protect the foot. Adding to this, we used a 2-tone knit in shades of brown as a nod to Groot’s roots for the upper, and an embroidered detail featuring ‘I AM GROOT’ in an alien language featured in the game.”
- Rocket – ZX 1K Boost
- “Rocket Racoon is a weapons specialist, elite marksman, and master tactician, who takes on amplified abilities from its racoon counterparts. We started with the ZX 1K Boost silhouette as a base – it’s a modern interpretation of a familiar style, using the latest technology for optimal performance. We added technical features like speed lacing, and high-vis reflective elements inspired by Rocket Racoon’s weaponry.”
“A key starting point for the design of each sneaker was the unique visual cues from each of the characters – whether it’s the stitching details on Star-Lord’s leather jacket, Groot’s earthy color palette, or Drax’s unmistakable tattoos,” added Liu. “From there, we wanted to inlay various design discovery elements that helped further bring the story of each character to life. Bringing it all together across the collection are unique signifiers for this original take on Guardians of the Galaxy as a Super Hero team – with matching sockliners, hang tags, labels, and packaging.”
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is available now on PlayStation®5 console, PlayStation®4 console, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles, PC, and streaming via GeForce NOW. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Cloud Version for Nintendo Switch™ is also available now in select regions.
Official Portal: http://www.gotggame.com
Official Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/GOTGTheGame
Official Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/GOTGTheGame
Official Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/GOTGTheGame
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media for over eighty years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing, publishing, games, and digital media. For more information visit https://www.marvel.com
© 2021 MARVEL
Established in 2007, Eidos-Montréal™ is a premiere developer of interactive entertainment based on new intellectual properties and beloved franchises including the acclaimed Tomb Raider® and Deus Ex® series. Renowned as master storytellers, the studio builds immersive worlds and adventures that create lasting memories for players across the globe. Eidos-Montréal crafts its multiple interactive projects with close-knit teams in a hybrid work environment, keeping their focus on creativity and technological innovation.
Eidos-Montréal and its network of studios, Eidos-Sherbrooke™ and Eidos-Shanghai™, are part of the Square Enix® group of companies. More information on Eidos-Montréal can be found at https://eidosmontreal.com.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 163 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 84 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://www.square-enix-games.com
© 2021 MARVEL. Developed by Eidos Montréal.
EIDOS and EIDOS MONTRÉAL are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Limited. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
“PlayStation,” “PS4” and “PS5” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.