With Over 1,000 Games and Counting, Publishing Pioneer Celebrates Company Milestone with a Retrospective Giveaway of Most Iconic Releases
To celebrate this anniversary, starting today Limited Run Games is hosting a giveaway through gleam.io, with winners to be announced on Nov. 6 via Twitter. Each giveaway item to be awarded to lucky winners will include a game representative of the company’s growth and evolution. Participants will be able to see the story of Limited Run Games and experience some of its most iconic releases.
- LRG Year One | Breach & Clear (PS Vita): Limited Run Games wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for Breach & Clear. It will always hold a special place in our heart as our #1. Developer Mighty Rabbit Studios were about to go out of business and realized that if the digital store hosting Breach & Clear ever closed, they may never be able to play the game they spent years making. To ensure the game would have a legacy, they decided to pursue a physical release. Breach & Clear ended up selling out and the rest is history!
- LRG Year Two | The Silver Case (PC): The Silver Case was a double-set of firsts for us: it was the first PC game and Collector’s Edition we published. Despite physical PC games being largely phased out, we managed to sell over 2,000 copies. This further solidified our belief that there is a thriving market for physical PC games. The Silver Case was also the first time we worked with SUDA51 and Grasshopper Manufacture. Limited Run Games would go on to publish other great games with the pair, including entries in the legendary No More Heroes series.
- LRG Year Three | Night Trap (PS4): Night Trap marked our first collaboration with Screaming Villains to re-release a classic Digital Pictures SEGA CD FMV game on modern platforms. During the 1993 congressional hearings on violence in video games, Nintendo chairman Howard Lincoln infamously said,” Night Trap will never appear on a Nintendo system.” Limited Run Games would later go on to publish Night Trap on the Nintendo Switch.
- LRG Year Four | Jak & Daxter (PS4): When Naughty Dog approached us, we were humbled and elated at the possibility of working with one of the most legendary studios of all time. After assisting with the physical re-release of four beloved Jak & Daxter games on the PlayStation 4, Limited Run Games created some of the most sought-after Collector’s Editions in the history of the company. Naughty Dog would later go on to donate all proceeds from our collaboration to various charities, including the LGBT Center of Los Angeles, AbleGamers, Child’s Play, and the Surfrider Foundation.
- LRG Year Five | Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game (Switch): Since our start in 2015, this has been by far, the most requested release from our customers. In 2021, we were fortunate to continue our relationship with Universal and collaborated with Ubisoft for the first-time to release Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game in physical form. The title went on to be one of our biggest sellers.
- LRG Year Six | Castlevania Anniversary Collection + Nintendo Switch system: We’re now entering the sixth year of Limited Run Games and we’ve kicked it off with a bang! This year, we got to work with Konami for the first time and couldn’t be more excited for the opportunity to work on one of the most iconic and beloved franchises ever – Castlevania!
Limited Run Games would like to thank its amazing partners, employees, and customers for all the trust, collaboration and passion over the years. Here’s to many more years of being “Forever Physical” from Limited Run Games!
The grand prize winner of the Limited Run Games 6th Anniversary celebrations can look forward to an awesome bundle package containing a copy of Castlevania Anniversary Collection and a brand-new Nintendo Switch™.
Coinciding with this special anniversary, Limited Run Games will also release Limited Run: The Complete Run Vol. 1 2015 / 2016 by Jeremy Parish. The first entry in a series dedicated to honoring the games that Limited Run Games has released in its first two years, is available now for purchase as a limited signed hardcover and softcover. Game collectors won’t want to miss this beautiful book.
The company is excited to enter its seventh year as a recognized games brand. Looking forward, Limited Run Games will continue its work with the Carbon Engine to re-release classic games on modern platforms. The Carbon Engine represents one of the company’s proudest accomplishments as it is an innovative development in the field of game preservation, allowing long out-of-print games to be brought alive again on modern consoles. The work the company began with by porting Shantae from the GameBoy Color to the Nintendo Switch will continue throughout year seven and beyond, with multiple, yet-to-be-announced titles developed with the Carbon Engine releasing in the future.
To stay up to date on the latest from Limited Run Games, sign-up for the official newsletter, visit official website, and follow the team on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also join the Limited Run Games community on the official Discord server and find the studio’s latest streams on the official Twitch.tv as well as their latest podcast episodes here.
About Limited Run Games
Limited Run Games is the industry leader in the production and distribution of premium physical video games. Founded in 2015, they have published over 1,000 physical games and soundtracks in addition to winning a number of awards for their bespoke Collector’s Editions. Limited Run is the gold standard in bringing digital games to physical form for casual fans and collectors alike. Visit limitedrungames.com for the latest offerings, or follow the brand on your social media platform of choice for all LRG-related updates: @limitedrungames.
About the Carbon Engine
Designed by Limited Run Games, the Carbon Engine is a proprietary development tool with the purpose of porting legacy content to modern platforms in a way that’s accurate to the original game. The goal of Carbon Engine is to breathe new life into retro video games that are rare, educational, highly sought-after, or otherwise difficult or impossible to play on modern platforms and make them more accessible for consumers and developers. Its first success story, Shantae, originally ported from the GameBoy Color to the Nintendo Switch, is the first of many planned Carbon Engine releases from Limited Run Games. It is a core component of Limited Run Game’s vision for a world that is Forever Physical.