Escape the summer heat at your local cinema and enjoy some of Fathom Events’ hilarious presentations. The “Muppet Movie” will delight audiences as it returns to the silver screen to celebrate 40 years, comedienne Kathy Griffin will tell “A Hell of a Story” in her first docu-comedy, experience an event as colorful as Lucille Ball in honor of her birthday, or witness the RiffTrax crew improve another quality film with “Giant Spider Invasion.”
Full details of Fathom’s summer comedy offerings:
- The Muppet Movie 40th Anniversary: Thursday, July 25 and Tuesday, July 30, at 12:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. local time
- “The Muppet Movie,” directed by James Frawley, debuted in cinemas 40 years ago and proved to be an enormous box-office hit. The film also charmed critics and received an Academy Award® nomination for “The Rainbow Connection,” the film’s iconic theme song with music and lyrics by Paul Williams and Kenneth Ascher. In addition to the Muppet performers, “The Muppet Show” is a veritable who’s-who of 1970s pop culture, with a cast that includes Charles Durning, Austin Pendleton and cameo roles by Dom DeLuise, James Coburn, Madeline Kahn, Carol Kane, Telly Savalas, Milton Berle, Elliott Gould, Edgar Bergen, Bob Hope, Richard Pryor, Steve Martin, Mel Brooks, Cloris Leachman and Orson Welles.
- A Hell of a Story: Wednesday, July 31 at 8:00 p.m. ET / 7:00 p.m. CT and taped delayed at 7:00pm in MT, PT, HI, AK time zones
- Two-time Emmy® and Grammy® award-winning comedian Kathy Griffin will bring her first ever docu-comedy feature, “Kathy Griffin: A Hell of a Story,” to movie theaters nationwide for one night. The film was an official selection at the 2019 SXSW Film Festival, where it instantly became an audience favorite.
- EXCLUSIVE CONTENT: In addition to the feature content, audiences will be treated to a live, candid Q&A with Griffin, moderated by acclaimed First Amendment attorney Ted Boutrous.
- I Love Lucy: A Colorized Celebration: Tuesday, August 6 at 7:00 p.m. local time
- This event provides fans a chance to honor Lucille Ball on her birthday, in the way she would have loved: by laughing along with her exploits while enjoying full length/uncut versions of her beloved sitcom and a featurette on how “I Love Lucy” is colorized, entitled “Redhead Tales, Colorizing I Love Lucy.” For this event, five favorite episodes of “I Love Lucy” will be presented in colorized versions, all meticulously crafted using costumes, sets, props and vintage material as reference, wherever possible.
- EXCLUSIVE CONTENT: Attendees will receive an exclusive “I Love Lucy” mini poster, while supplies last.
- RiffTrax Live: Giant Spider Invasion: Thursday, August 15 at 8 p.m. ET/ 7 p.m. CT/ 7 p.m. MT/8 p.m. PT and Tuesday, August 20 at 7:30 p.m. local time
- The “Giant Spider Invasion,” one of the most popular MST3K movies ever, is coming to a theater near you along with the mighty men of RiffTrax! Starring Alan Hale Jr, the (Skipper from Gilligan’s Island), Barbara Hale (Perry Mason, and no relation to the Skipper) and Robert Easton, who’s been in more movies than a No Smoking disclaimer, Bill Rebane’s “The Giant Spider Invasion” explodes across the screen in a pristine new digital transfer. Join Bill, Mike and Kevin as they serve up the cheesiest cheese America’s Dairyland has to offer, LIVE in movie theaters nationwide.