Props from The Omen, An American Werewolf in London, Saw plus more to go under the hammer in upcoming London auction
- Created by Academy Award-winning special effects artist, Rick Baker, the iconic SFX Mechanical Werewolf Transformation Bust from An American Werewolf in London (1981), is estimated to sell between £30,000 – 50,000 ($38,700 – 64,500) as part of Prop Store’s Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction on Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd December 2020, featuring a collection of film memorabilia worth over £4.4 million ($5.6 million).
- Over 900 lots of incredible props, costumes and production ephemera will be sold including two of the most memorable props from Richard Donner’s horror classic, The Omen (1976) – Keith Jennings’ (David Warner) Special Effects Severed Head and the Hero Dagger of Megiddo, both estimated to sell between £30,000 – 50,000 ($38,700 – 64,500) each.
Stephen Lane, Prop Store CEO, commented on the upcoming auction – “Prop Store is thrilled to be offering some incredible props and costumes from horror films old and new, from the not-so-scary, to the downright terrifying – there really is something for everyone! These great lots will be sold together with over 900 props and costumes at Prop Store’s Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction on 1st and 2nd December 2020.
Rick Baker SFX Mechanical Werewolf Transformation Bust from AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (1981) est. £30k – 50k ($38.7k – 64.5k)
The Prop Store Live Auction will feature:
- Rick Baker SFX Mechanical Werewolf Transformation Bust from AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (1981). Estimate £30,000 – 50,000 ($38,700 – 64,500)
- Keith Jennings’ (David Warner) Special Effects Severed Head from THE OMEN (1976). Estimate £30,000 – 50,000 ($38,700 – 64,500)
- Headless Horseman’s (Christopher Walken) Costume from SLEEPY HOLLOW (1999). Estimate £30,000 – 50,000 ($38,700 – 64,500)
- Adam Stanheight’s (Leigh Whannell) Broken Hacksaw from SAW (2004). Estimate £2,000 – 3,000 ($2,580 – 3,870)
- Shaun’s (Simon Pegg) Sales Advisor Costume from SHAUN OF THE DEAD (2004). Estimate £800 – 1,200 ($1,032 – 1,548)
- Hero Dagger of Megiddo from THE OMEN (1976). Estimate £30,000 – 50,000 ($38,700 – 64,500)
- Blade’s (Wesley Snipes) Final Battle Costume from BLADE: TRINITY (2004). Estimate £6,000 – 8,000 ($7,740 – 10,320
The auction will be live streamed online for fans to track the action and participate in bidding themselves. Bids can be placed online or by phone from anywhere in the world. Auction lots can be viewed by appointment at Prop Store’s office facility in Hertfordshire, UK. Lots can be viewed by appointment only, please email [email protected] for more details.
Prop Store will hold a virtual preview exhibition event in November via social media, with opportunities to see props from the auction up close and ask questions of the specialists.
Registration is now open and online proxy bids can be submitted here: https://ukm.propstoreauction.com/m/view-auctions/info/id/244
About Prop Store
Prop Store sells original movie props and costumes and related memorabilia, regularly hosting live and online prop and costume auctions. Over 8,000 items are also available for sale at fixed price on www.propstore.com.
Operating since 1998, Prop Store founder Stephen Lane’s love for movies led him to begin hunting for the same props and costumes that were used to create his favourite films. He found that he could not only provide collectors with access to their most coveted pieces, but also establish archival standards for a new, pop-culture hybrid of fine art and memorabilia collecting – prop art. Prop Store handles prop disposal, sale, archive and auction services to production companies and distributors as well as fixed price item sale on its website.