The online World War II strategic first-person shooter from Black Matter and Team17 counts down to D-Day, the liberation of Europe, and the infamous Eastern Front battles of Kursk and Stalingrad.
Monday, 14th June 2021 – Team17 and Black Matter have today announced that online strategic first-person shooter, Hell Let Loose, will launch on Steam for PC on 27th July, with a release on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S to follow later in 2021. Set during World War II, in addition to the nine key Western Front battles available right now in Early Access (including the D-Day beach landings at Utah and Omaha, Carentan, and Foy) Hell Let Loose’s release onto PC next month will introduce Russian forces and two new large urban maps set in the Eastern Front: Kursk and Stalingrad.
Unravel the horrors of war with the new Hell Let Loose video: https://youtu.be/q6Vrk2BI8fo
Hell Let Loose delivers an authentic reenactment of the large-scale chaos of war, where individuals are cogs working together to turn the tide of battle. As the fight unfolds, the two sides work to secure crucial supply chains for resources, capture sectors across the map that influences the outcome of the fight, sweep across battlefields in armoured tanks, or disable defenses with artillery bombardment. Strategic gameplay and communication is critical to winning a battle; both sides are split into 10 squads of five players, each squad led by an officer who reports to a single commander who ultimately develops the path to victory – or takes responsibility for bloody defeat.
Hell Let Loose key features:
- Experience authentic, strategic gameplay: Fight in epic 50 vs 50 multiplayer battles across two distinct game modes, Offensive and Warfare;
- Battle across both European theatres: Fight across 11 authentically recreated maps, including two on the Eastern Front. On the Western Front land at Omaha or Utah Beaches, fight through Carentan and into the frozen forests of Foy before climbing Hill 400
- Discover and master your role in battle: Choose from 14 unique roles, including officer, medic, machinegunner, commander, tank crewman, sniper and more
- Immersive gameplay: Authentic ballistics and recoil patterns create satisfying, skillful gunplay
- Fortifications and vehicles: Build defenses on the battlefield to strengthen positions, or take control of an array of World War II era vehicles, including the Sherman and Tiger tanks
About Black Matter
Black Matter is an independent studio founded in 2015 to support the development of the debut title Hell Let Loose. Made up of an international team of selected artists and programmers, Black Matter is focused on creating beautiful worlds ruled by emergent, player-driven game design.
About Team17 Group plc
Founded in 1990, Team17 Group plc is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Floated on AIM in 2018, Team17, with its extensive portfolio of over 100 titles, embodies the spirit of independent games. In addition to the award-winning Overcooked!, Yoku’s Island Express, and the iconic Worms, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2020, Team17 has helped bring critically acclaimed titles including Hell Let Loose, Moving Out, Golf With Your Friends, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Blasphemous, and The Escapists to gamers everywhere. Visit www.team17.com for more info.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.