Haul Anchor! Pirates of Gravitae
Sets off into Early Access Today!
March 31st – Vancouver, Canada – Take heart landlubbers for today Innerverse Games is pleased to say that its high-flying roguelike adventure, Pirates of Gravitae, is leaving port and taking to the high seas of Steam Early Access.
The Neo Caribbean calls out! You must save the region from the dastardly Dynamic India Company, racking up a handsome treasure along the way, as you fly from island to island in this randomized swashbuckling yarn. Train your crew of buccaneers, equip your ship with all manner of armaments, and forge your own unique legend using 16 different perks that can dramatically change the way you play.
Pirates of Gravitae is available now on Steam for $9.99 USD with a 10% discount for launch, so if you’ve got your sea legs about you, come grab your letter of marque and set sail!
Pirates of Gravitae is an action roguelike game with fast-paced aerial combat. The player commands a gravity-defying pirate ship and her eclectic crew, in a bid to stop a malignant, global trade empire, the Dynamic India Company, the ambitions of which threaten the existence of Earth itself.
- Run based campaign where every defeat gets you closer to final victory, with persistent ability unlocks and upgrades across runs
- Wield an energy saber while swinging from a grappling hook, or fire your cannons on full auto while zapping enemies with lightning. Find your own favorite combination from 16 different sailor perks.
- Balance offensive and defensive capabilities with maneuverability. Combine up to three from 13 different weapons, defensive measures, and maneuvers to find your optimal load-out.
- Come up with a different build for each run. Equip your sailors with over 60 different randomized loot items.
- Train your crew for persistent stat upgrades across 8 different stats for your ship
- Optimize your build to suit your play style: high or low altitude, day or night encounters, strong winds or clear skies. It all makes a difference.
- Raid treasure galleons, bombard forts from above, dominate the skies!
Pirates of Gravitae started its life as a personal project that its developer Taylan Kadayifcioglu created to entertain his young children. Driven by their infatuation with rocketships, the first iteration of the game was meant to be a Moon Lander type of game in 2D. Demands from this tough audience to add this and that led to pirates, islands, and other ships.