Wiesbaden, Germany (August 25, 2021) — Publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer Team ADOM are excited to announce that Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos — the classic-meets-modern hardcore roguelike — is available today for Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam and GOG.com for $19.99 USD with a 30% launch discount! And that’s not all! The title also today receives the “Update of the Living Dead“, which includes a brand new class — the Necromancer — along with three new magical skill trees, for a total of 68 new skills, 19 new spells, and more than 20 new monsters to slay!
“We love working with a developer as passionate about their titles as Team ADOM, who are always working on adding new content to the game and fixing issues,” said Assemble Entertainment CEO Stefan Marcinek. “With a full release that also includes a massive new update, players have a wealth of content to explore in a title already bursting with depth and replayability.”
“We couldn’t be happier to announce the full release of Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos, ” said Thomas Biskup, Creator of ADOM. “We listened closely to player feedback during the Early Access phase and are constantly working to add more content and improve the experience for our fans, so adding the Update of the Living Dead to the full release was especially exciting to coincide with the launch.”
Watch the Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos full release trailer here:
‘Update of the Living Dead’ Features:
- The Necromancer Class: A master of death magic and grafting, the Necromancer can utilize the dark powers of Lichcraft to transform himself into a powerful undead beast.
- 68 new Skills, 19 new Spells: The addition of three new skill trees — Death Mastery, Summoning Evil Spirits, and Death Magic — opens up whole new approaches to combat.
- 20 New Monsters: New beasts to slay are now present across all levels, including the Kobold Wizards who can learn all the spells you know.
- Factions Now Reward Loyalty: Each faction now provides unique starting equipment and stat boosts, and playing for the same faction repeatedly will grant powerful boons.
- Custom Characters: Players can now fully customize their character’s appearance, as well as the inventory screen and how items appear on the ground.
- And Much More: The new update comes with visual enhancements to spells, biomes, and wall decorations, better scaling for spells at high levels, and plenty of re-balancing, UI improvements, bug fixes and stability improvements.
Key Features of Ultimate ADOM Include:
- Every Run is Different: Thanks to a staggering variety of skills, spells, classes, and factions, players can enjoy the challenge of Ultimate ADOM with a nearly-endless selection of build combinations.
- Read the Limb Loaning Agreement: Let nothing go to waste! Collect the severed body parts of your defeated foes and graft them onto your own body. As the old saying goes, two heads are better than one — especially when they’re attached to the same body!
- Multiple Methods for Magic Mastery: Swords are fun, but summoning demons, flinging balls of fiery death, and animating the very walls of the dungeon to crush your enemies is even better. With more than 80 spells available spread throughout several different schools of magic, aspiring sorcerers have their work cut out for them.
- Keep Things Old School: Hardcore genre purists will be pleased to know that Ultimate ADOM can be played in classic ASCII format, and can even toggle between 3D mode and top-down view
Assemble Entertainment is also offering a “Save the World” Edition for Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos that contains bonus wallpapers and the original soundtrack for $29.99 USD! In keeping with the game’s theme of battling corruption, for every “Save the World Edition” sold, Assemble will donate 10% of the proceeds to the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).
About Assemble Entertainment
Based in Wiesbaden, Germany, Assemble Entertainment is an independent games developer and publisher, best known for Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice, the latest installment in the humorously naughty point-and-click adventure saga, and the multi-award-winning Endzone – A World Apart, that challenges players to survive and thrive following an environmental apocalypse. Assemble Entertainment also organizes GermanDevDays, an annual conference that attracts more than 1,200 attendees from across the German-speaking video game development industry.
About Team ADOM
Team ADOM is a team of creative game professionals with several decades of experience, and we’re creating the games we love to play ourselves. Ultimate ADOM – Caverns of Chaos and its planned spin-offs are developed by the same core members who have been revolutionizing the rogue-like genre since 1994 with ADOM.