New DLC adds brand-new modes, sandbox elements and more to real-time tactics game
Hamburg/Moscow, April 23rd, 2021 – Developer Alter Games and Publisher Daedalic Entertainment are happy to announce Partisans 1941 – Back Into Battle, a major DLC for the modern take on the real-time tactics genre. Partisans 1941 – Back Into Battle releases Thursday, April 29th and adds brand-new sandbox gameplay for high replayability, including two new game modes, customizable scenarios and more.
Partisans 1941 – Back Into Battle expands the main game with new gameplay features and modes that are tailored for high replayability. In Missions mode, choose your own team of Partisans, their skills, and their equipment to tackle a variety of existing and new maps. Five familiar locations are playable by everyone who owns the main game, while owners of the DLC will receive access to seven exclusive missions.. The DLC-exclusive mode Heroic Defense is a wave-defense scenario that offers additional challenges for fans of the genre.
- Missions Mode: even more brand new challenges in seven new locations.
- Never seen scenarios with modifiers. Freely choose your Partisan team, skills and equipment.
- Heroic Defense mode: New wave-defense mode for the toughest of commanders.
- Additional campfire dialogue for the Partisans, giving you new insight into their personalities.
Partisans 1941 is a unique take on the genre set on the occupied Eastern Front during WWII. It features tactical squad combat, stealth elements, character progression, and resource management. Take control of Partisans, a brave group of resistance fighters, opposing the Nazi occupation behind enemy lines. Players can recruit soldiers and civilians as unique allies to tackle a variety of challenges – from focused sabotage to extensive attacks on German supply lines. The expandable home base deep in the forest serves as a hub in-between missions to arm and upgrade Partisans troops, manage and distribute resources, and take a break until the next objective awaits.
- A fresh approach to the tactics genre: A mix of combat, stealth, ambushes, and a variety of special items brings chaos to the enemy ranks. Choose your own way of completing each mission and enjoy around 20 hours of playtime.
- Lead a squad of partisans: Find, recruit, and level up new resistance members to build the squad of your choice. Use your characters’ strengths to find the right solution to different situations.
- Experience the life of a resistance group: Experience a partisan’s routine in between missions – develop your base, prepare for the next assignments, ensure you have the resources for the partisan’s survival and keep your troops motivated.
- A different perspective on WWII: Experience the story of a fierce resistance against the German occupation on the Eastern Front. Follow the stories and motives of various people who join the partisan forces – from soldiers to common folk.
is developed by Russian studio Alter Games and published by German studio Daedalic Entertainment. Partisans 1941 – Back Into Battle
releases on Steam
on April 29th, 2021.
About Daedalic (Publisher)
Daedalic Entertainment publishes and develops high-quality games for all platforms. The company has a diverse line-up of high-quality titles, including classic adventures, RPGs, and strategy and multiplayer games. With over 50 employees, Daedalic is currently developing a new line-up of innovative games across consoles, PC, and mobile platforms.
Based in Hamburg, Germany, Daedalic is one of Europe’s most acclaimed publishers and developers. With a total of 32 awards in the German Developers Award (including multiple accolades for ‘Studio of the Year’) and 12 German Computer Game Awards for genre-defining games such as Deponia, Edna & Harvey, Silence, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth, The Long Journey Home, and State of Mind, Daedalic is a record holder for the two most prestigious game awards in Germany. Recent publishing hits include Barotrauma, Unrailed!, Iratus: Lord of the Dead, Partisans 1941 and more.
Daedalic is currently developing the AAA title The Lord of the Rings – Gollum. The action-adventure tells the story of Gollum from a perspective never witnessed before in any storytelling media, all the while staying faithful to the legendary books of J.R.R. Tolkien.
About Alter Games (Developer)
Moscow-based Alter Games studio is a group of ambitious game developers who are striving for great gaming experiences, professionalism in development and to create something new and unique. Alter Games’ journey started with the release of their first game Partisans 1941 on October 14th 2020.
Working on Partisans 1941, the team gained valuable experience developing game mechanics, mastering new tools, creating their own, participating in game conferences, organizing beta tests, working with actors and in many other areas. Their goal is to use their accumulated expertise to create games that are enjoyed by players worldwide.