Cologne, July 22, 2021 – Headup is hell-bent on causing some havoc today! They have let loose a new 2D pixel-art destruction game, GIGAPOCALYPSE, inspired by classic Kaijū movies such as Godzilla and King Kong, and the legendary game series Rampage. For today’s Early Access launch, get a taste for destruction
As you turn towering cities to rubble, a blood-pumping heavy metal symphony will accompany you, perfectly scoring the chaos of your very own monster apocalypse!
Now that Gigapocalypse has hit Early Access, all nine “Gigas” will slowly be added in the lead up to the final game. Each one will bring new powers, mechanics and deadly upgrades, increasing the scope for devastation. More locations will be added too, bringing the final tally to six stages set during the past, present and future – meaning your reign of destruction can span across time itself!
As a little kid, picking up your dragon toys, spewing fire, feels powerful and destroying everything is one of the best childhood memories for many of us. Now you become that giant monster in Gigapocalypse, a 2D pixel art destruction game, inspired by classical Kaijū movies such as “Godzilla” and “King Kong” and the game classic “Rampage”.
The game features a selection of different “Gigas” from the Prehistoric era, the uncharted outer space and the forgotten history. Each with unique skills, mutations and manifold skins that can be unlocked with level ups.
- Nine Gigas with unique abilities and skill trees
- Six beautifully detailed stages based on earth’s past, present and future timeline
- Themed enemies and buildings
- Epic and hilarious boss fights
- Unlockable minions, skills, and mutations
- Extra quests and secrets to unlock more abilities for your monsters
- Fast-paced arcade action with simple controls
- Satisfying visual destruction in cute pixel art style
- A heavy metal soundtrack to perfectly complement the chaos
- Razer Chroma support