Giebelstadt, March 9th, 2021
Featured on gamescom 2020 and long-awaited, finally, it is here! German Publisher HandyGames and French Studio Seed by Seed are unboxing the release date for their family-friendly couch-coop 3D platformer!
Pile Up! Box by Box will take you on a trip to cardboard world, where you help the Boxlings to solve fun environmental puzzles alone or co-op with up to four players!
Pile Up! Box by Box is coming to PC on March 18th, 2021. PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch coming in summer 2021!
Wishlist now on Steam! $ 14.99 | € 14,99 | £ 13,49 |
About Pile Up! Box by Box:
Coordinate with your friends or rely on your own creativity to navigate cardboard worlds full of uniquely joyful levels. Unfold mysteries, solve puzzles, and quests as a team, visit the friendly citizens of sunbaked islands, amber forests, and magical caves. Or maybe just kick-back and challenge your friends in action-packed rounds of Boxball, Pile of Dunk, or Tic Pile Toe?
- GO ON AN ADVENTURE: Explore colorful cardboard worlds in this cute 3D platformer. Find your way through countless levels, uncover mysteries and bring joy to the cardboard inhabitants of these places.
- LOCAL MULTIPLAYER: Play with your friends with up to 4 players! Drop-in and out at any time with dynamic challenge rescaling. Remote play via Steam is possible.
- A GAME FOR EVERYONE: Anybody can play Pile Up! Box by Box The chill-paced game has simple controls, no punishment for failure, and no time pressure. And remember that teammates can always help each other!
- TEAMWORK: Cooperate to progress! It’s all about communication and organization. Share the tasks, synchronize your moves and carry each other to overcome the challenges.
- MINIGAME FRENZY: Face your friends in frantic minigames and lead hilariously chaotic battles. For party game lovers!
- CREATIVITY IS KEY: Think outside the box and solve the puzzles your own way. There is no unique solution, creativity is the key! The sky is the limit! Build stairs and structures with the boxes you collected.
- OPTIMIZE YOUR STRATEGIES: Unlock the timer mode and test your skills at piling up boxes. Find the best strategy and the quickest way to progress through the worlds.
About Seed by Seed:
Seed by Seed is an independent game development studio, based in Angoulême, France, created to bring the coop game Pile Up! Box by Box to life. We were brought together by the love of shared breakfasts, cute plants surrounding us, and carefully handcrafted videogames. We want to share this love with others, and we have chosen to combine our talents to create soft, fun, friendly games, games that remind people why everybody loves to play with their loved ones.
HandyGames™ is part of the THQ Nordic and Embracer Group family and operates as an international publisher for mid-sized projects and developers for a worldwide audience.
The focus lies on creating and publishing games for current gen consoles like PlayStation®4, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X or Nintendo Switch™ as well as games for Steam and many other PC gaming distribution channels. HandyGames™ produces titles for new innovative gaming platforms, for example VR (Virtual Reality) on Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Samsung Gear VR, but also offers games of all kind of genres for Android smartphones and tablets, Apple iPhones, iPads and many other mobile and smart devices.
As a games company and that is truly passionate about gaming, we always strive for gameplay innovation. We received the German Developer Award as “Best German Game Studio” in 2015 and produced and published award-winning games of virtually every video gaming genre imaginable for a diverse range of audiences and gameplay styles. One example is “Townsmen VR” which was awarded with the German Games Award 2018 in the category “Best Game Design”.