Team17, DevM Games, and SMG Studio have announced the release of the free ‘Moving In’ update to the multi-award-winning co-op game, Moving Out. The new content, which is arriving soon on consoles and PC for free, turns the game on its head and answers the ultimate question: What happens to the stuff players throw into the removals van?
We’ve unpacked the launch trailer for you:
Set in the world of Packmore, Moving Out’s chaotic, local multiplayer gameplay sees up to four players work together as Furniture Arrangement and Relocation Technicians (F.A.R.Ts) to move furniture efficiently and creatively from condos, offices, mansions, and more, in the fastest time possible. The ‘Moving In’ update is available in 12 of the game’s original levels and gives players the new task of unpacking the van and placing items into their new homes; it also adds a new ‘auto snap’ option to the assist mode to help players position items exactly where they’re needed.
The update also adds the option for players to customise their character’s shirts, and debuts two brand-new dance moves – The Prospector and Loveshack!
- Couch co-op: Players can either take on Moving Out solo or enlist the help of up to three friends in local multiplayer co-operative gameplay, as they figure out how to get items into the removals van in the quickest way possible!
- Location, location, location: No move is too big, too small, or too weird. Work through sleepy suburbs, frenzied farms, haunted houses and even head into space to keep customers happy!
- Physics: Need to get a large item of furniture down some steps? Gravity is a F.A.R.T’s best friend. Glass door in the way? Smash right through it. Throwing things over railings will always be quicker than carrying them the long way around.
- Character customisation: Choose from a roster of movers from humans to anthropomorphic animals and appliances that can be tailored to suit the job at hand.
- Assist mode: Increased time limits, skippable levels and removal of dangers are just some of the options available in assist mode.
- Accessibility options: Dyslexia-friendly text, scalable user interface, and remappable keyboard controls on Steam make the Moving Out experience as inclusive as possible.
About SMG Studio
Founded in 2013, SMG Studio creates original experiences with a strong sense of humour. Using the patented D.A.F.U.Z. System, SMG’s games are Dynamic, Addictive, Fun, Unique, and Zany. Known for titles like Death Squared, Thumb Drift and One More Line, SMG is headquartered in Sydney, Australia with additional offices in Melbourne, Australia and Los Angeles, California.
Moving Out is the debut project from SMG’s new Melbourne studio.
About DevM Games
Founded in 2009, DevM Games is the solo venture of Jan Rigerl. DevM, located in Stockholm, Sweden, has created numerous games, for web, mobile and PC. Such as Extreme Forklifting 2, Desert Worms, Silly Sailing, and now Moving Out.
About Team17 Group plc
Founded in 1990, Team17 Group plc is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Floated on AIM in 2018, Team17, with its extensive portfolio of over 100 titles, embodies the spirit of independent games. In addition to the award-winning Overcooked!, Yoku’s Island Express, and the iconic Worms, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2020, Team17 has helped bring critically acclaimed titles including Hell Let Loose, Moving Out, Golf With Your Friends, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Blasphemous, and The Escapists to gamers everywhere. Visit www.team17.com for more info.