Merge Games & Infuse Studio’s breathtaking adventure will be launching on next-generation PlayStation 5
Manchester, UK – October 27th, 2020 – Merge Games and the North Carolina-based development team, Infuse Studio, are ecstatic to announce their first release on PlayStation 5 will be Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition. Customers will be able to purchase Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition digitally through the PlayStation Store on November 26th and as a physical copy on December 4th.
Alongside this already fantastic news, Merge Games is excited to reveal that Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition will be available as a Signature Edition game, and that it will also be the world’s first ‘Indie Collectors Edition’ for PlayStation 5. The Signature Edition version will include a region free copy of the Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition, an original soundtrack CD featuring 14 tracks, 2 exclusive design pins, a numbered certificate of ownership, and 36-page Lore and Art Book showcasing dozens of new and never seen before sketches.
Signature Edition pre-orders will open today (October 27th 07:00 PT / 14:00 CET / 15:00 GMT). Check out the Signature Edition page here – https://signatureeditiongames.com/products/spirit-of-the-north-enhanced-edition-signature-edition-ps5
Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition, is a 3rd person casual adventure, with stunning landscapes inspired by those in Iceland and its story by pieces of Nordic folklore.
Awaken the slumbering spirit of the north and begin a quiet journey of companionship and discovery. Play as an ordinary fox whose story becomes entwined with The Guardian of the Northern Lights, a magical spirit fox. As you journey over the mountains and under red-stained skies, you’ll discover more about your companion and a land left in ruin.
Spirit of the North has been uniquely designed to purposefully have no dialogue or narration. Players must breathe in their surroundings to solve various puzzles and speculate the meaning of a lost ancient civilization. Overall giving players an emotional and fulfilling adventure through stunning visuals and an ethereal score.
Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition Key Features:
- Explore the world with 2 new and platform-exclusive skins – Black Marble and Champagne.
- Fall into complete immersion as you make your way across stunning 4k landscapes, complete with remastered textures, lighting and objects, complete in 60FPS.
- Solve environmental puzzles to change the world around you, using ancient powers bestowed upon you by The Guardian of the Northern Lights.
- Follow the mysterious Spirit Fox across a land left in ruin as you discover more about a lost civilization.
- Moving orchestral soundtrack featuring 14 original compositions.
- First ‘Indie Collectors Edition’ for PlayStation 5.
- The Digital version launches November 26th, priced $24.99, €24.99, £19.99.
- The retail version will be available in stores on December 4th, priced $34.99, €34.99, £29.99.
- The Signature Edition version preorders open October 27th and the game launches December 4th, priced $49.99, €49.99, £39.99.
About Merge Games
Merge is an independent video game publisher based in Manchester, UK. The company publishes interactive software worldwide for personal computers and video game consoles. Merge also specializes in publishing collectible retail games for independent developers. More information about Merge products can be found at www.mergegames.com.
About Infuse Studio
Infuse Studio is a 2 man studio based in Raleigh, North Carolina, founded in 2015 by Tayler Christensen and Jacob Sutton. Infuse Studio has since provided high-quality 3D assets to the masses through the Unreal marketplace and Cuberush. Until 2019, when Tayler and Jacob branched out and created indie hit Spirit of the North.