LOS ANGELES (Mar. 10, 2021) – FINAL FANTASY® XI Online brings further adventures to players with the March version update, released today and headlined by new content for The Voracious Resurgence™ story. Adventures continue in San d’Oria, as the plot reaches a turning point—can victory be seized with a single dance, and will love stand the test of time?
The March version update also includes numerous campaigns and new content for players to enjoy:
- The Voracious Resurgence Story Update – Players can obtain item rewards and new titles by completing this latest series of story quests, which continues adventures from the February version update.
Trion, Altennia, and Excenmille Return in The Voracious Resurgence
- Ambuscade Update – This month’s update to Ambuscade features Leeches as a new foe to challenge, alongside the return of Tonberries and updated rewards for completing these battles.
- Odyssey Update – Players will be able to test their strength against a new and very powerful monster in Sheol: Gaol. Those who defeat this fearsome foe can obtain new, augmentable equipment. Additionally, this new battle will feature an all-new music track for players to enjoy.
- Early Spring Item Booster Campaign – Numerous bonuses and campaigns await players during the month of March, including increased seal and crest drop rates, bonus rewards from vanquishing specific enemies and notorious monsters, bonuses for Skirmish and chocobo digging content, and more. Full details are available on the campaign webpage: https://sqex.to/rx8rC
- March Login Campaign – Beginning March 10 and running through April 9, at 7:00 a.m. (PDT), players can earn numerous login rewards, including the Mandragora Pot housing item.
FINAL FANTASY XI Online adventurers now have a tool at their disposal to find old friends with the FFXI ReFriender. The application aids players of the acclaimed SQUARE ENIX® MMORPG title in reuniting with friends that shared past adventures. More information on the FFXI ReFriender system may be found at https://refriender.finalfantasyxi.com/.
Furthermore, the newly introduced Assist Channel chat channel helps new and returning players connect with FINAL FANTASY XI Online veterans to learn tips and make new friends and connections.
FINAL FANTASY XI Online is an online multiplayer RPG that challenges players to journey through the world of Vana’diel — a world of fantasy, adventure, and exploration. Heed the call and join players from around the world to become the hero that Vana’diel needs. Discover new creatures, pioneer wild lands, and conquer quests on your daring journey.
FINAL FANTASY XI Online is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 159 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 81 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com.
# # #
FINAL FANTASY XI © 2002 – 2021 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.