Dreamscaper is a surreal, action RPG roguelite – players battle the nightmares that live in a young woman’s subconscious. Tackle the permadeath of the dreamscapes by night, but keep the friendships you make by day in order to face the next dream stronger than before.
Feeling burned out in traditional game development, Rob, Ian, and Paul left it behind in the summer of 2018 to follow their dreams and build an indie title they could call their own. Dreamscaper is a very personal project, drawing inspiration from childhood favorites and focusing on an emotional through line confronting depression and mental health. Only a year into production, Dreamscaper has entered open alpha and is developing at a rapid pace with a growing community.
- An expansive combat system that rewards skilled play – shoot off finger guns, rend the earth below you or whip a yo-yo into enemies with a slew of dream inspired weaponry
- Adventure through six beautiful, haunting dreamscapes to discover powerful artifacts, surreal scenery and a multitude of unique events, challenges and puzzles
- Day / night gameplay – explore the waking and dreaming world to learn Cassidy’s story, your actions in one affect the other
- Deep item progression that creates synergies and new possibilities every run, encouraging experimentation and high replay-ability
- Warp the Dreamscape around you with “Lucid Powers” – surreal dream attacks and abilities that manipulate the elements, warp space, and even control time itself
- Live Cassidy’s waking life and forge friendships with the people around her. Empower Cassidy with their hopes and memories to dispel the darkness of her nightmares
- A beautiful, dynamic soundtrack composed by Dale North that adapts to player experience