STOCKHOLM / DALLAS — With a month remaining until DreamHack Dallas, the three-day, immersive gaming lifestyle festival, has announced additional content for this ultimate weekend experience June 3-5, 2022, at the Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center. Newly added is a Cosplay Championship, BYOC Tournaments, the Collegiate Rocket League 2022 World Championship, and more.
The three-day, immersive, gaming lifestyle festival will return to Dallas for the ultimate weekend experience with the first full-scale DreamHack festival in nearly 2.5 years offering everything gaming under one roof. Tickets start at $39 for a one-day pass, and $94 for a three-day experience. More details are available at dreamhack.com/dallas/tickets.
The three judges of DreamHackDallas’ Cosplay Championship will be looking out for cosplayer craftsmanship, technical difficulty, accuracy, embodiment of the character, and stage presence. Competitors will compete among the categories of Master, Artisan and Novice for a share of the $2500 prize pool. Signups are available now HERE. More information is available HERE.
The judges are:
- Stella Chuu — Stella Chuu started cosplaying in 2011. A self taught-artist and entrepreneur, she dedicates her days to creating cosplay and promoting geek culture. When not traveling around the world to conventions and events, she is live-streaming at home. Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Twitch
- LadyLavinias — Cat “LadyLavinias” Szelkowski is a Twitch Partner, award-winning Cosplayer, and Color Commentator. Her streaming content is primarily focused on card games, TTRPGs, and puzzle games. When playing Magic the Gathering, she is usually focused on brewing janky decks or grinding the limited ladder. Instagram | Twitter | Twitc
- JenEricLive — Jen and Eric of JenEricLive are married Twitch Partners and TikTokers. They love to entertain with humor and cosplay and are best known for their Dwarven cosplays! Instagram | Twitter | Twitch
Also available throughout the weekend will be:
- Cosplay lounge, repair station, photo studio
- Stella Chuu to build an entire Bayonetta Cosplay all day Friday and Saturday on a dedicated crafting stage within the Cosplay Hub to be debuted at the Cosplay Championship Saturday evening.
COLLEGIATE ROCKET LEAGUE 2022 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Featuring 16 of the best collegiate teams from all around the world, the Collegiate Rocket League 2022 World Championship will be the first major intercontinental competition for collegiate Rocket League teams and players. The World Championship finals will take place at DreamHack Dallas.
Complete list of participating collegiate teams will be announced.
DreamHack Dallas offers pro and casual gamers the opportunity to “bring-your-own-computer” (BYOC) gaming rigs, hook into a LAN socket powered by one of the world’s fastest internet connections, and get their game on. Attendees have the option to play around the clock for three days straight just for fun, or to compete in BYOC tournaments where thousands in cash prizes are on the line. Limited tickets are available.
The BYOC represents the foundation of how DreamHack began — founded in 1994 as a BYOC LAN party, DreamHack grew over its 25+ years into a global phenomenon as the go-to gaming lifestyle festival for today’s youth, hosted all around the world.
- BYOC tournaments – $15,000 prize pool
- Rocket League 3v3 – $2,500
- CS:GO 5v5 – $2,500
- Valorant 5v5 – $2,500
- League of Legends 5v5 – $2,500
- Teamfight Tactics – $2,500
- Age of Empires IV – $500
- MTG Arena – $400
- Hearthstone – $1,200
- Legends of Runeterra – $400
- LAN activities
- Midnight Madness
- Scavenger hunts
- Funsies tournaments
- And more
- PC Championship: “Does your PC look like a powerful titan forged it to harness the full power of the raw elements?”
- Elemental Series
- WIND – Best air cooling
- Liquid – Best liquid cooling
- Lights – Best lighting
- Power – Most powerful benchmark
- Soul – Fan voted
In the DreamHack ExpoHall, exhibitors present the world’s newest hardware and software, games,gadgets, gaming gear and swag. They also host activities such as game demos, giveaways, contests and more. Developers and programmers, streamers, pro gamers and other celebrities also frequent the expo.
DreamHack is an immersive, gaming lifestyle experience where the community comes to life. The 24 hour-a-day festival weekends feature everything gaming under one roof. Attendees experience professional esports tournaments, amateur and varsity gaming tournaments, world-famous bring-your-own-computer (BYOC) LAN party, cosplay championship, panels, art, activities, expo, screenings, live music and more. The DreamHack brand is a part of ESL Gaming, the world’s leading esports company.