Major Steam Update Featuring New Modes, Maps and Single- and Multiplayer Content Available Today for Free
APEX, NC (FEBRUARY 28, 2018) – Laser Guided Games LLC — an independent developer made up of industry veterans from Epic Games — and Hollow Earth Inc., the studio responsible for character design in blockbuster Marvel films Black Panther, Spider-Man: Homecoming and the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War, today continues the episodic story campaign for their dark fantasy real-time strategy game Golem Gates for Windows PC. The Book II update, available today as a free update through Steam, expands the original lore-rich world of Golem Gates by introducing new characters and settings, in addition to unlocking new single- and multiplayer content.
The Harbinger’s quest for redemption continues with the release of Book II, the second part of Golem Gates‘ three-part single-player story campaign. Under the guidance of The Archive, The Harbinger journeys deeper into his forsaken world in search of an artifact that could put a stop to the corrupting force known as the Unbound. Wielding the power to manipulate and command nanites pulled from the atmosphere — known as The Ash — The Harbinger and his legion of constructed golem advance to destroy the monolithic Golem Gates across five story missions. But a powerful new enemy awaits him: Tetra. Build and conquer to restore life to the world.
“Since we launched on Steam, fans have asked for more story content, so we’re excited to once again oblige,” said Josh Nizzi, Head of Hollow Earth Inc. “In Book II, The Harbinger is faced with numerous obstacles, one being a new enemy called Tetra. Players will have to prepare their best Glyphs before they confront this unique threat!”
“Golem Gates launches in March, but we’re closing out February with a bang by releasing the biggest update to date,” said Matt Oelfke, Founder and Lead Developer at Laser Guided Games. “Not only will players dive deeper into the mysterious and captivating story of Golem Gates, but fans of competitive multiplayer and score-based challenges are in for a treat as well.”
Golem Gates is a hybrid strategy game where players collect cards (called Glyphs) and strategically weave them into a deck to prepare for battle. Battles are fast-paced and highly tactical with streamlined resource management to keep the focus on the unrelenting action. Through Steam Early Access players can take their glyph decks online in various competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes, and experience Golem Gate‘s epic story in an episodic format.
In addition to continuing the story campaign, the Book II content update adds ten new single-player Trials of remixed missions and maps with unique challenges — including a frantic race to evade and destroy enemy artillery stations, and the capture of an indestructible golem. A new multiplayer Versus map featuring balconies and pathways perfect for flanking enemy units, and a co-op desert Survival map that challenges players to multitask numerous defensive positions, are both parts of the update as well. Players can additionally unlock new Glyphs — the summonable Duelist unit type and two Tech Glyphs — and incorporate them into their decks.
- Dynamic Diversity: Create your own unique battle plan to counter your opponents with nearly 100 collectible card game inspired Glyphs, including units, buildings, traps, buffs, debuffs and techs, that provide nearly limitless strategy options.
- Multiple Modes: Experience the evolving story of Golem Gates‘ single-player campaign and take the fight online with friends in cooperative and survival-based modes.
- May the RNG Gods Smile Upon You: Randomized Glyph drawing puts a slightly different spin on every battle by eliminating monotonous build sequences, while rewarding deck building mastery and strategic planning chops in equal measure.
- Streamlined Strategy: Build and enhance your forces with Glyphs; no production or research buildings are needed. Capture resources in King of the Hill style skirmishes without dedicated gathering units and keep your focus where it belongs — on the battle.
- Fight Where You Have Sight: Glyphs can be played almost anywhere you have an existing presence. Add more forces to a battle to turn the tide, transform a scouting party into an army, place emergency defenses to respond to the enemy or hide an outpost in a direction the enemy doesn’t expect. The choices are yours but beware: the enemy will do the same and with the right Glyph, your forces can be destroyed as quickly as they were created.
- Golem Gates is a collaborative project developed by Laser Guided Games and Hollow Earth Inc. Laser Guided Games is made up of veterans from Epic Games who have worked on blockbuster game franchises such as Gears of War and Unreal Tournament. The Hollow Earth team specializes in art design and story development with past experience working on blockbuster Marvel films Spider-Man: Homecoming, the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War and the recently released Black Panther, in addition to the Transformers movie franchise.
Golem Gates is available for purchase now via Steam Early Access for Windows PC at a launch price of $29.99 at http://store.steampowered.com/app/575970/Golem_Gates. The complete game emerges from Early Access on March 28, 2018.
- For more information about Golem Gates, please visit www.golemgates.com.
- About Laser Guided Games LLC
Made up of veterans from Epic Games, Laser Guided Games is an independent video game developer based in North Carolina that specializes in developing PC games with unique mechanics. Laser Guided Games is headed up by Matt Oelfke, who worked as a programmer and designer at Epic Games on blockbuster game franchises such as Gears of War and Unreal Tournament, and Rob McLaughlin, a veteran programmer who has worked on titles such as Civilization, Gears of War and Unreal Tournament.
- About Hollow Earth Inc.
Hollow Earth head, Josh Nizzi, worked as a concept designer on blockbuster Marvel films (e.g., The Avengers, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Iron Man) and the Transformers movieverse before returning to game development full-time. Prior to his work in movies, Nizzi was involved in the development of such games as Red Faction and MechAssault 2.