Today, as a part of Steam Next Fest, people can now download a multi-hour demo that showcases what’s to come at full release early in 2022 — https://store.steampowered.com/app/1508400/Kaiju_Wars/
Watch the new released Kaiju Wars Demo Trailer — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V15qytK8zVI
- We need more time! – Play as the mayor of Floatio city, tasked with holding off the overwhelming strength of a kaiju attack. Park tanks and jets in the monster’s path to slow it down (don’t worry, we have a good insurance policy).
- Construct buildings! – Build sacrificial army bases and airfields to distract the kaiju and line the city streets with fodder.
- Deploy experimental weapons! – Conventional weapons aren’t enough; deploy experimental weapons such as freeze rays and transforming mechas to keep the kaiju at bay.
Fight the KAIJU!
- Five unique kaiju – Each specializing in different types of destruction.
- They mutate! – Tremble in fear as each kaiju grows stronger and gains devastating abilities through mid-level mutations.
- Unstoppable! – Kaiju can’t be killed, but can only be slowed down and forced to fall back… for now. Pepper them with ammunition, if you can.
- Predictable! – They move towards the nearest building, and them scientists have mathed the exact odds they step on each tile!
- Uncover the mystery – Strange things are happening: frequent volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes. Find out why over the course of an 8+ hour story-based campaign.
- Embark on a Campaign! – Play missions from all over the world as you progress through the globe-trotting fight against kaiju. Test your wits in tactical puzzles, command dozens of units in large-scale scenarios, and fend off repeated attacks while developing your city economically in city defense missions.
- Upgrade your ACES – Veteran ACE units accompany you throughout your campaign. Spend medals to upgrade and customize your top fighters.
- Customize your Project Deck – Unlock powerful Project cards, customize your deck, and bring your best strategy to compete on the online leaderboard!
- Create your own city or scenario – Simple and easy to use, scenarios can be crafted in minutes using the drag and drop map editor
- Share your creations online – Share your cities or maps online using Steam Workshop integration
- Compete with other players! – Gain the top spot on the Weekly Challenge leaderboards