Cosy sci-fi city builder now available for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4;
20% launch discount at the PlayStation Store until 19th April
Tuesday, 5th April 2022 – Team17 and Balancing Monkey Games have today announced that cosy sci-fi city builder Before We Leave is now available on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. To celebrate the launch, players can enjoy a 20% launch discount via the PlayStation Store until 19th April. Set across six unique biomes, Before We Leave sees players nurture groups of ‘Peeps’ – newly emerging survivors from global disaster – as they strive to realise their aspirations to rebuild a thriving civilisation. Along the way, they’ll chart new lands and research ancient technologies to build a prosperous future for all of Peep-dom.
Denizens of the burgeoning civilization should also be mindful of their impact on the environment and their Peeps’ well-being, while keeping an eye out for passing Space Whales – who can make short work of their planets.
Rub your peepers, Peeps, and check out the new Before We Leave PlayStation launch trailer below:
Before We Leave Key Features
- Expand the Horizons: From a lowly settlement to a sprawling civilisation of Peeps, players will need to traverse mountains, forests, oceans, and the depths of space to explore, build, and thrive
- Tremendous Tech: As players progress, they can research technology to better their civilisation, including sailing, industry, trade, and more
- Keep the Peeps Happy: Running a settlement is no small feat; players will need to keep track of their Peeps’ happiness alongside food, resources and pollution levels
- A Whole New World: With six unique biomes filled with resources and mysterious relics, players must utilise the land and plan their settlements accordingly
- Award-winning Soundtrack: Benedict Nichols (Omno, The Falconeer) and James Dean of Ākau Audio compose a soundscape fit for any benevolent leader, winning ‘The Composed Segment’ Pav award for excellence in audio
Before We Leave is available to purchase now at the PlayStation Store, as well on Steam, at the Epic Games Store, via the Microsoft Store, and as part of Xbox Game Pass. Press can request review code for PlayStation, Xbox or PC via Press Engine.
About Balancing Monkey Games
New Zealand-based game developer Balancing Monkey Games launched its debut title Before We Leave, a cosy city builder game, in May 2020 and was met with overwhelming success. The title is available to purchase at the PlayStation Store the Epic Games Store, Steam, the Microsoft Store and via Xbox Game Pass. Follow Balancing Monkey Games on Twitter, Discord, or via its newsletter.
About Team17 Digital
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Part of Team17 Group plc, which floated on AIM in 2018, Team17 Digital has an extensive portfolio comprised of over 120 titles, and fully encapsulates the spirit of independent games. Team17 Digital’s portfolio of multi-award-winning and award-nominated in-house brands include Hell Let Loose, Golf With Your Friends, The Escapists, and the iconic Worms franchise, alongside its games label partner titles, including the award-winning games Blasphemous, Greak: Memories of Azur, and Overcooked! franchise. Visit www.team17.com for more info.
“PlayStation” “PS4” and “PS5” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.